Whats your fav pre-poo??

Hello fellow naturals Im just getting into pre-pooing and. Right now I'm using evoo, honey, and coconut oil. Just wondering what everyone eles is using.
Big Chop 09/11/2011 at 11:15pm....Been natural before but never knew love like this before. Loving this journey i'm on.:afro:

Comments

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am using Vatika oil. I have to be careful not to use too much. I like it though.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • NirucurlsNirucurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    I use coconut oil in which henna, curry leaves and hibicus have been added.. My granny makes it for me :) it makes my hair soft n makes it grow
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Vatika oil. My hair loves it!!!
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Posts: 178Registered Users
    EVOO and agave. Will switch to honey when I run out and will also add to condish.
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
    Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
    Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
    Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:
  • stargazer613stargazer613 Posts: 103Registered Users
    olive oil with rosemary essential oil
    warmed up coconut oil
    Aubrey GPB Con with wheat germ oil
    Natural/3c/4a
    Loves: EMB, QB, Shea Moisture Style Milk, AO cons, Evoo, honey, jojoba oil, castor oil, shea butter, acv
    /herb rinses, henna

http://www.public.fotki.com/stargazer613/
  • openseasonopenseason Posts: 63Registered Users
    I have been using sesame oil for the past month, but will switch back to EVOO at the end of the month because my hair likes it better. :wave:
  • DanDan88DanDan88 Posts: 1Registered Users
    :afro: Currently I pre poo and co-wash because my hair is extremely dry from my big chop and my co-wash is slightly strips my hair but back to the subject...I only use EVOO/EVCO combo with a plastic cap overnight prior to my wash the next day...if i am doing this wrong someone please advise me :)
  • lovelybrownlovelybrown Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hi guys,

About the sesame oil: I tip my hat off to you because I found the nutty order of the sesame a little too strong even though it dissipates.

I also use oils in my dry hair covered with a plastic cap before I wash. It has made a world of difference to my hair. It detangles easier, and is shinier, and softer. I have tried all the oils in my local health food store; blended and experimented. I encourage you to do the same. My 4a love extra virgin olive oil. (organic) It gives my hair shine and softness, but it is a costly weekly habit. I usually blend it with coconut oil. My hair does not love coconut oil by itself. It makes my hair kind of wiry, and strong. I mix the two.

I recently discovered castor oil after stumbling upon a blog about it. I have learned that my 4 type hair :afro: prefers thick vicious oils. I noticed that oils that are more dense give my curls more definition and a weight I prefer on my curls that adds slip. I will probably not go back to coconut oil after I finish the jar. The castor oil leaves my hair baby soft! The castor oil leaves my hair shinier than the jojoba, coconut, and avocado oil. I was really surprised. I mix it with and equal amount of olive oil to thin it out. Its so oily that I often run into the dilemma of using to much... everything is an journey. But I can see my hair likes olive and castor.

I am experiementing with times. I wear a plastic cap for at least 30 minutes, sometimes overnight if I am too tired to rinse it out.

Honey works well in a pre-poo also, but better with an ACV rinse. Currently I am about what is cost effective, and I didn't notice a spectacular difference in my hair over many weeks of using honey in my routine. Maybe it gave the look of an emoillent on my hair with a slight shine, but it was temporary. The effect of the castor oil lasts longer.
  • lovelybrownlovelybrown Posts: 3Registered Users
    I am interested in using some of the Indian oils. Has anyone ever tried any of them? Moroccan, argan...?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file