Portion control and an outdoor exercise plan?

Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
I was wondering that sometimes even though i want to eat less i find myself ending up in the kitchen and eating.And it seams like it's happening automatically before you know it you're right there.
I'm just overweight and usually become hungry fast and eat a medium size meal many times a day which i don't calculate the times.I've tried to eat a 6 inch plate of food at a time but it doesn't work so i go for 2 and feel hungry again in some few hours.

How can i effectively control and reduce the portion of food that i eat?Have you ever find yourself ending up in the kitchen eating food while you're trying to exercise portion control and what do you do to overcome it?

Also can you give me some tips how to lose weight while exercising outdoor at a park like an exercise plan i can follow at the park to shed some good amount of weight.
All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/

Comments

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What kind of food do you eat?

Do you like exercising outdoors? Walking is a good exercise. Jogging if you can do it.

The best exercise is something you can stick to and enjoy.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
    curlylaura wrote: »
    What kind of food do you eat?

Do you like exercising outdoors? Walking is a good exercise. Jogging if you can do it.

The best exercise is something you can stick to and enjoy.

I eat home cooked meals mostly jasmine rice (with almost everything), tomato stew,veggie spaghetti,potatoes with green beans,white,beans,okra,spinach,brown bread e.t.c But also eat fried foods like homemade doughnuts e.t.c once in a while.

I jog but i don't feel it can be as effective as i want it to be so need some more ideas of what i can do to burn more calories outdoors.
    All Hair is Good Hair!

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Weight loss is something like 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Eat smaller portions, but more often. Increase the amount of fruit and veggies as snacks. Nuts and seeds are also good snacks to have around.

I prefer the gym to outside exercise but brisk walking is pretty good, especially if you do it some where with varied terrain.

If you're new to exercise please do see a healthcare professional or a person trainer beforehand. A personal trainer can be expensive but you could visit one once to get a programme to do outside and then go back for a review every so often.

I wish I could make doughnuts. :thumbup:
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    curlylaura wrote: »
    Weight loss is something like 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Eat smaller portions, but more often. Increase the amount of fruit and veggies as snacks. Nuts and seeds are also good snacks to have around.

I prefer the gym to outside exercise but brisk walking is pretty good, especially if you do it some where with varied terrain.

If you're new to exercise please do see a healthcare professional or a person trainer beforehand. A personal trainer can be expensive but you could visit one once to get a programme to do outside and then go back for a review every so often.

I wish I could make doughnuts. :thumbup:

Lol my mom does them but i think it's easy...

I love cashews especially but i find nuts expensive plus i afford for a gym membership yet so now so i have no choice than to exercise outdoors.Thanks for the advice.

I'm kind of worried about eating less since i get hungry fast it's like i'll have to live in the kitchen lol but i'll try it again i.
    All Hair is Good Hair!

• aliciabeautyaliciabeauty Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hey Flower Princess! Have you tried chewing gum when you get the urge to snack on something? That seems to work for me. You should give it a try!
    Hey Flower Princess! Have you tried chewing gum when you get the urge to snack on something? That seems to work for me. You should give it a try!

Great idea.But from what i remember when i eat gum it somehow makes my stomach growl probably due to the sorbitol or maybe because my body thinks i'm chewing food and start the digestion process.So i'm not sure about it but i'll try it.Thanks aliciabeauty.
    All Hair is Good Hair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file