Starting a Lip Balm Business

JillH410JillH410 Registered Users Posts: 594 Curl Neophyte
I had this posted in the general discussion board, but thought I might post it here also...

So I've recently been messing around with making flavored lip balms. My roommates and friends who have tried them have really liked them so I'm considering making more and trying to start a little side business for extra money.

The problem is that I really don't know where to start and know nothing about obtaining a business license (though I can google and do some research with that).

What I'm looking for is anyone who has experience starting something similar to this and how you got the word out about your product. I've brainstormed making a facebook page and then asking my friends to "like" it and also posting something on our electronic bulletin board at work... I've also considered Etsy, but have never sold anything online through a website like that (doesn't seem too difficult, though). I also have a friend who owns a website hosting business and said he could do a basic web store for relatively cheap.

Right now I'm only going to have 4 flavors available for sale and then depending on how well it goes, offer more later. And who knows, it could evolve into other products as well!

Anyone have any advice or helpful suggestions for me?!?! :toothy7:
cowash: Tresemme Naturals
rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file