Giovanni Products

Hey, does anyone know what's in Giovanni hair products that makes the scalp tingle? Is it a good thing that the scalp tingles? I just wanna know if it's safe to keep using cuz I'm not sure if it's an allergic reaction or not.

Comments

• jessahjessah Posts: 95Registered Users
    I think it's the peppermint. I just got the TTTT and my scalp feels tingly and cool after I use it.
    Stopped fighting the pregnancy induced waves (9 year battle) and became natural 5/11
    2a/b? fine, low porosity
    co wash- say yes to carrots, strawberries and cream Vo5
    low poo- Lor'eal ever pure
    leave in- burt bees very volumizing watered down
    gel- beautiful curls wavy-curly, LA looks sport
    scrunch and pump works for me
  • wavycurlyria_87wavycurlyria_87 Posts: 78Registered Users
    hmm... I have the Smooth as Silk line and I don't see peppermint listed in the ingredients. I've also noticed this using the Direct Leave-In too..
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Allergic reactions to ingredients are all individual. If the "tingle" is like a burn, that's an allergic reaction. In my case, they get worse the more you use a product. I'd stop using it, if I were you. If it happens with several products, you may be able to isolate the ingredient.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wavycurlyria_87wavycurlyria_87 Posts: 78Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    Allergic reactions to ingredients are all individual. If the "tingle" is like a burn, that's an allergic reaction. In my case, they get worse the more you use a product. I'd stop using it, if I were you. If it happens with several products, you may be able to isolate the ingredient.

Thank you.. yeah, it's doesn't burn me at all. I take it, a tingling sensation is a good thing.. based on all of the good ingredients in it.

I used the leave-in today after I co-washed my hair and didn't feel it at all this time. I guess I'm just getting used to the product.

The only time my hair has had a burning sensation is when I used to get it relaxed. lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file