Physicians Formula mineral correcting primer

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
I am cautiously optimistic that I have finally found something that works well for my face. I have rosacea and eczema, plus hugely sensitive skin. Makes finding non-irritating makeup a challenge but I don't like to be completely bare due to the redness and I can't deal with heavy, full coverage makeup anymore. Enter Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Primer. I bought it not really anticipating much but didn't see any of my known irritants in the ingredients and it has physical sunscreen instead of chemical. Figured it was worth a shot. I am impressed so far. It smoothes out my pores, cuts down some of my redness and has yet to break me out. This includes having been out in the sun over the weekend where I got extremely hot and sweaty (hello Florida! Lol!) . Typically for me that means I will have some type of breakout from whatever I am wearing. Not this time. Now does it kill all my redness? No, but honestly nothing really does. But I feel more comfortable that I am not a blotchy mess and I don't feel like I am wearing anything at all which is a huge plus. I am pleasantly pleased with this and anticipate using it as long as it is made. Just had to share.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    Haven't used this particular product but I do like their pressed mineral foundation and blush - I apply the foundation with a powder puff, not their silly little brush and it give good, quick coverage, covering/blending my rosacea redness and broken capillaries, as well as brown spots. It's so quick and easy that I often reach for it instead of my Meow loose powder foundation or Illuminare liquid mineral foundation.- less messy than the former, too. In fact, I like it well enough that I don't know that I'll bother repurchasing Meow - it's a lot cheaper and widely available. Talc-free, too, which is a biggie for me - talc makes my seborrheic dermatitis go crazy.

Anyway, now I'll have to check out the primer, LOL!
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    I like their mineral foundation too. In fact I was using that for awhile before this but I am super dry even with moisturizer and the foundation can start to get a bit powdery looking on me if I am not careful. Good stuff though and big plus for no talc. That gives me the itchies too. I have used their mineral correcting powder too (the green one and the multi color one) with some success but liquids works better for me with the dryness so the primer is win win. I really can't say enough good things about it. It's so hard for me to find something that works well :)

Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried setting the foundation with a fine mist of water such as Evian in the spray can? That gets rid of any powdery look with any powder foundation for me, helping it sort of melt into my skin.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    I have. I carry a bottle of Avene which is similar. It's just designed to be more soothing for irritation. It does help some with the powdery look but ultimately the foundation never really settles/melts into my skin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file