bad bleach job /:

beckydee214beckydee214 Registered Users Posts: 8
Basically I bleached my hair aiming for a medium brown color and left it on for too long and got a golden blonde color which i hate. So tomorrow i have to go buy hair dye and was wondering what are good hair dye brands and possibly some tips

Comments

• irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    Of you're aiming to go medium brown, I think you're actually thinking of what colorists call 'light brown'. A medium brown is actually quite dark, and I don't think you would have bleached your hair in that case.

I would start by getting a 'neutral dark blonde.' it's probably going to come out at least one shade darker than the box shows. If you want you could try a neutral light brown, but being that you've just bleached, your hair is probably going to grab the color quickly and pull dark.

You should probably do a semi permanent color to reduce the damage since you just processed your hair. But it will fade fast. So maybe after a couple of times, when you're sure of the shade you want, you can then do a permanent color.

Dont pick a 'warm' or 'golden' tone color. Your hair is already going to pull warm and give you golden highlights. A warm tone will give you reddish hair.

And you're going to need to condition a lot and do lots of protein fills. Nexxus Emergency is at Walgreens and CVS, but it's a little pricey. Sally's has Colorfill protein filler for much cheaper.

Lots of deep conditioning treatments. Like weekly. And if you decide to do oil treatments, just know that it fades color faster.

HTH!

Using my iphone. Expect typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drnena429drnena429 Registered Users Posts: 2
    I did the same thing about 11 years ago.

I would recommend to use a peroxide of 10% volume.. why?

B/c what your trying to do is deposit color, which what 10 volume peroxide volume does.. you dont want to strip the hair by adding anything higher than 10.

I would suggest to buy it in Sally Beauty supply, somewhere you could chose to by 10% peroxide bottle the color separate.. all the box color are 30 volume peroxide. remember 2oz of peroxide to one bottle or one tube of color.

depending how light/bright your hair your going to have dye the hair twice.. b/c one time isn't going to give it enough color.

What I do when i color my highlights.. i buy the liquid/cream hair dye I put it straight on the hair without the peroxide for 10 mintues.. than I dye my hair with the color & the peroxide mix. why? b/c im depositing color back to the hair.. my hair needs the color.

If you dont trust what Im saying just, try first in one strand.. u will see the color will come out right.

remember no more 10 volume, u need to deposit color in your hair.. your going to need to do a hair treatment, everytime you wash ur hair b/c u'r strip the hair off it's color.. it's very weak. mostly like if you like air drying your hair.... u'll probably get breakage.

I did this b/c i had a horrible black cherry on my hair.. i could nt get it out only by bleaching.... your nature hair will grown back you could always keep trimming/cutting it until u grown back your healthy hair.. thats what I did.
    I was born a brunette .... my hair color is Ash blonde with very light
    highlights.

one more thing you only need to do the pure color once.. than mixed in the regular hair ( 10 volume& color) leave it for 20 minutes....if you still not at the shade u want, do it again until you get there.

Try to stick to a color that is based is Neutral- N.. u would see on the box. If u dont.. u pick an Ash color.. ur hair will look green. you need a neutral base... to "tame" the bleach look.
  • ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Registered Users Posts: 114
    iroc wrote: »
    Of you're aiming to go medium brown, I think you're actually thinking of what colorists call 'light brown'. A medium brown is actually quite dark, and I don't think you would have bleached your hair in that case.

I would start by getting a 'neutral dark blonde.' it's probably going to come out at least one shade darker than the box shows. If you want you could try a neutral light brown, but being that you've just bleached, your hair is probably going to grab the color quickly and pull dark.

You should probably do a semi permanent color to reduce the damage since you just processed your hair. But it will fade fast. So maybe after a couple of times, when you're sure of the shade you want, you can then do a permanent color.

Dont pick a 'warm' or 'golden' tone color. Your hair is already going to pull warm and give you golden highlights. A warm tone will give you reddish hair.

And you're going to need to condition a lot and do lots of protein fills. Nexxus Emergency is at Walgreens and CVS, but it's a little pricey. Sally's has Colorfill protein filler for much cheaper.

Lots of deep conditioning treatments. Like weekly. And if you decide to do oil treatments, just know that it fades color faster.

HTH!

Question????
    I'm planning to bleach my hair slightly this weekend... my hair is currently box brown(lol that means i dyed it brown) about a week ago, after having it dyed black for a while, i applied a color remover..and then dyed it a "cinnamon brown" the color remover didn't do an amazing job (prob cuz it was black ???) but my hair did turn slightly brown, and my highlights (yes i had highlights) turned completely brown....

ok hopefully i havent scared you away....my question is , if i bleach my hair right now, and then dye it a Caramel brown (way lighter than it is now) my hair might turn reddish, since it is considered a warm color???

I'm dying to have beautiful brown curls :confused5: for a while now, and i'm risking my long hair for it....
    3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
    CG since August 2010 and loving it :wink:
    Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
    Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!

HTH!

Question????
    I'm planning to bleach my hair slightly this weekend... my hair is currently box brown(lol that means i dyed it brown) about a week ago, after having it dyed black for a while, i applied a color remover..and then dyed it a "cinnamon brown" the color remover didn't do an amazing job (prob cuz it was black ???) but my hair did turn slightly brown, and my highlights (yes i had highlights) turned completely brown....

ok hopefully i havent scared you away....my question is , if i bleach my hair right now, and then dye it a Caramel brown (way lighter than it is now) my hair might turn reddish, since it is considered a warm color???

I'm dying to have beautiful brown curls :confused5: for a while now, and i'm risking my long hair for it....

If you bleach your hair at this point, you'll probably only get to the 'pumpkin orange' stage (it will go to an orange, bright pumpkin orange, canary yellow, yellow, and white, in stages). I know even if I leave bleach on for an hour it still won't even get to the bright yellow stage - and usually my hair is pretty processed so I don't like even leaving it on that long!

If you leave it on even long enough to pull most of the color out, it will have such warm tones that it will probably be reddish.

Usually though, if I color brown over bleached, I'll use a golden color anyway. When you go from blonde to brown, you have to deposit red color before you get to brown (following the color wheel). I don't use an ash over bleached hair, because ash is essentially green, and I don't want a green hue to show up!

Just as long as you know that those processes are going to really damage and dry your hair. Be prepared to do a lot of protein and moisturizing treatments.

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Registered Users Posts: 114

HTH!

Question????

If you bleach your hair at this point, you'll probably only get to the 'pumpkin orange' stage (it will go to an orange, bright pumpkin orange, canary yellow, yellow, and white, in stages). I know even if I leave bleach on for an hour it still won't even get to the bright yellow stage - and usually my hair is pretty processed so I don't like even leaving it on that long!

If you leave it on even long enough to pull most of the color out, it will have such warm tones that it will probably be reddish.

Usually though, if I color brown over bleached, I'll use a golden color anyway. When you go from blonde to brown, you have to deposit red color before you get to brown (following the color wheel). I don't use an ash over bleached hair, because ash is essentially green, and I don't want a green hue to show up!

Just as long as you know that those processes are going to really damage and dry your hair. Be prepared to do a lot of protein and moisturizing treatments.

THANK YOU!!!! as I will be doing this tonight, I really appreciate your fast response:hello1:

I Don't even think i'd mind a reddish hue in my hair :P i like red.... I DEFINITELY dont want green hair....except maybe if it looks like Nicki Minaj's, in her massive attack video...lol

As far as the damage goes... I know I'm going to damage my hair a great deal, but i have my protein treatments and deep conditioners ready.... I just hope after this, I don' get a desire for blonde (not that blonde would be a good color choice for me lol) but I expect not to bleach my hair anymore after this....
    3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
    CG since August 2010 and loving it :wink:
    Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
    Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!
    I've done that a few times too. I long to be blonde, but it looks so out of character for me, I'm uncomfortable with it.

You'll probably just have reddish-golden tones that'll come out as highlights.

Keep in mind that your hair is going to take the color fast after it's bleached, so it will come out darker, but it may fade fast afterwards too.

Good luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file