CurlTalk

Creme of nature argan oil gloss and shine vs. Fantasia ic heat serum

sewt15sewt15 Posts: 115Registered Users
I have not straightened my hair in a while, but I am planning on doing so in the near future. Has anyone used these products (of course as a heat protectant).

1) are they greasy, sticky, etc?
2) How did you use it? To blowdry and/or flat iron?
3) How did your hair come out?

Thanx :)

Comments

• CurvyCurlyCurvyCurly Posts: 442Registered Users
    I used the Creme of Nature Argan one on my daughter's 4b hair a few times to blow dry and then flat iron so I could give her hair a good trim. The serum did not seem greasy to me. I sectioned her clean damp hair in about 8 sections and put a dime sized amount on each section before blow drying. The product helped blow her hair straighter than usual and after I flat ironed it her hair had excellent sheen and a lot of body. The style lasts a few days; some nights I rolled it up with satin covered sponge rollers and on other occassions I pin-curled it.

The only problem is that with the slightest bit of sweating (like during recess or p.e.) or exposure to steam in the shower or bath she experienced a bit of frizz (or reversion as I like to call it) as with any product on natural hair.

Hope this helps......

sewt15 wrote: »
    I have not straightened my hair in a while, but I am planning on doing so in the near future. Has anyone used these products (of course as a heat protectant).

(Current Rotation) Shampoo: Trader Joe's TTT, Terressentials, Elucence, Curl Junkie Daily Fix Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Leave-in/Moisturizer: Qhemet's BRBC Gel: Tresemme Oils: Grapeseed, jojoba, evoo, sweet almond, castor....BIG CHOPPED AGAIN!
  • sewt15sewt15 Posts: 115Registered Users
    CurvyCurly wrote: »
    I used the Creme of Nature Argan one on my daughter's 4b hair a few times to blow dry and then flat iron so I could give her hair a good trim. The serum did not seem greasy to me. I sectioned her clean damp hair in about 8 sections and put a dime sized amount on each section before blow drying. The product helped blow her hair straighter than usual and after I flat ironed it her hair had excellent sheen and a lot of body. The style lasts a few days; some nights I rolled it up with satin covered sponge rollers and on other occassions I pin-curled it.

The only problem is that with the slightest bit of sweating (like during recess or p.e.) or exposure to steam in the shower or bath she experienced a bit of frizz (or reversion as I like to call it) as with any product on natural hair.

Hope this helps......

sewt15 wrote: »

This helped alot. When looking at the ingredients on both products, Im leaning towards Creme of nature.