Sooo Tempted....

To wash with a sulfate shampoo! My scalp feels gross and itchy, but my curls are starting to look better. I've been Co-Washing/using Aubrey Rose and Honeysuckle Shampoo for two weeks now, which I'm not sure is a low or no-poo. I just did a PT and brown sugar scalp scrub two days ago. Any Suggestions?
Lo-Poo (or is it No-Poo?) Aubrey Honeysuckle and Rose Moisturizing Shampoo
RO: Suave Coconut
LI: Tresemme Naturals
Stylers: KCCC-still experimenting, and Herbal Essences Twisted up

PT: 1st on 9/1-Awesome! :blob4: I thought I was losing my curl before this! Used Egg/Mayonnaise/EVOO on wet hair after wash-talk about messy!

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    i would try mixing argan, or joboja oil and tea tree together and message it in the scalp, and leave it, do that every day for a week n see wat happeneds

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • maycon55maycon55 Registered Users Posts: 85 Curl Neophyte
    You could also try a baking soda rinse to remove build up. That might help.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    2c/3a

Texture: Medium-Fine
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

Poo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean
    Co-Wash:Suave Naturals Waterfall
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, TreSemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth
    LI: KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, Frizz -Free Volumizing Foam

CG since July 2011 :shock:
  • DevushkaDevushka Registered Users Posts: 1,080
    Yeah, I agree. I think a baking soda wash will make your scalp feel much better. Right now I use DC No-poo once a week and cowash the rest of the time, but still from time to time I do a bsw because my scalp seems to like it. Since baking soda is alkaline, be sure to follow up your bsw with an ACV rinse which is acidic to bring your hair back to the right ph balance and to close your hair cuticle.

I've recently started experimenting with tea tree oil. I also agree that that might help.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    What you're using is a low-poo. Co-wash is short for conditioner-washing.

You would be far better off doing a brown sugar scrub than doing a baking soda cleanse. The problem you're describing is with your scalp, not your hair. Just mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with conditioner, and give your scalp a really good massage. You won't believe how great your scalp feels after doing this!
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • maycon55maycon55 Registered Users Posts: 85 Curl Neophyte
    Devushka wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree. I think a baking soda wash will make your scalp feel much better. Right now I use DC No-poo once a week and cowash the rest of the time, but still from time to time I do a bsw because my scalp seems to like it. Since baking soda is alkaline, be sure to follow up your bsw with an ACV rinse which is acidic to bring your hair back to the right ph balance and to close your hair cuticle.

I've recently started experimenting with tea tree oil. I also agree that that might help.

:)

How much acv to water?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    2c/3a

Texture: Medium-Fine
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

Poo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean
    Co-Wash:Suave Naturals Waterfall
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, TreSemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth
    LI: KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, Frizz -Free Volumizing Foam

CG since July 2011 :shock:
  • Curli FaithCurli Faith Registered Users Posts: 4
    I did do the Baking soda rinse/wash followed by the ACV rinse. The ACV recipe I found said 1/2 T ACV to 1 cup water, but I used a slightly higher concentration. Again, did great things for my hair but not really my scalp. I was reading a different thread, and maybe it's my conditioner building up? Do you all have to be careful to not condition all the way to your roots?
    Lo-Poo (or is it No-Poo?) Aubrey Honeysuckle and Rose Moisturizing Shampoo
    RO: Suave Coconut
    LI: Tresemme Naturals
    Stylers: KCCC-still experimenting, and Herbal Essences Twisted up

PT: 1st on 9/1-Awesome! :blob4: I thought I was losing my curl before this! Used Egg/Mayonnaise/EVOO on wet hair after wash-talk about messy!
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    I did do the Baking soda rinse/wash followed by the ACV rinse. The ACV recipe I found said 1/2 T ACV to 1 cup water, but I used a slightly higher concentration. Again, did great things for my hair but not really my scalp. I was reading a different thread, and maybe it's my conditioner building up? Do you all have to be careful to not condition all the way to your roots?

It sounds to me like the transition period, not necessarily build-up. Either way, I'd follow Morgan's advice above and do a brown sugar scrub. The baking soda/ACV thing isn't really for scalp issues.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file