CurlTalk

Hair loosing bounce after a few hours...

I am finding that my hair looks fantastic when I first do it but then within 3 hours or so it loses its bounce and does not look at good at all. Here is my current routine: Deva Low poo, Deva One C. Then I use a little CK, a little ReCoil, then BRHG. When almost dry I will sometimes put in a little of KCCC. This seems to help me get really chunky curls.

I have tried eliminating CK and adjusting other things but I never get the same look. I get consistently wonderful bouncy chunky curls with this routine but they do not last

I am wondering if there are other products I might try to achieve the same results but ones that last. I would love some suggestions. I was thinking of trying Curl Junkie Coco Lite because it was recommended on my Curl Genie profile but I am not sure. Would love some responses if anyone uses it consistently. Also maybe a good KCCC combo?

My results from Curl Genie profile are: hair texture is fine (but I do have a lot of it), porosity and elasticity are normal.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Just from one time of using a cream-like product as one of my final steps, I realized that it makes my hair super soft, and I'm losing crunch that way. And my hair seems to fall and get flatter when there's not enough crunch, so I totally get what you are trying to say. You might want to scrunch in a little extra BRHG over everything or add it in halfway through diffusing. Basically, anything to give your hair a little extra crunch so that it holds. If your hair is too soft, it will fall, so sometimes some crunch is good. :)

HTH!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    This is my hair at times. I find too much product can weigh it down.

Try refreshing with some aloe. It tends to reactivate your product and help with frizz. At least for me!
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing