Anyone use RC Color and Jessicurl's HCC?

CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Yes, even the Godess of Haircolor needs color help sometimes. ;) LOL

So I've been trying out Jess's HCC and I like how it seems to clean my hair pretty well without drying. But I also color with RC. I've only been using the HCC for a few weeks and haven't colored since. Now it's time to color and I wonder if I can use this before and/or after coloring? Or do you think the oils will keep the color from absorbing or fade it if used directly afterwards? I usually steer clear of oils before coloring and right after.

Anyone have experience using these two products? TIA! :D
SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Comments

• LucilleLucille Posts: 588Registered Users
    I use both, but I have not tried using HCC before or immediately after. I use Elucence clarifying or some sulfate shampoo before I color, with no conditioner and the RC shampoo after. Then a day or so later I go back to my normal routine.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Lucille! That's what I ususlly do: gentle sulfate shampoo (RC's soft or hard water), no conditioner; then color; then RC's Color shampoo afterwards, then conditioner. I didn't start using HCC until a couple of weeks after my last color, and I was just wondering how long to wait after the color before using again. I only shampoo twice a week, so maybe I'll wait at least a week before HCC. Thanks! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file