CurlTalk

Got KCCC sample yesterday, used it today.

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
The verdict: eh. I loved the consistancy and the fact that it lacks chemical products; but it really didnt do anything special for my hair. In fact, it frizzed it and took volume off the top, and I don't like that. I'm glad I didn't purchase it. I've kinda had it with gels. I'm going back to mousse for a while, especially as the weather cools.

Comments

• DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Myrna wrote: »
    The verdict: eh. I loved the consistancy and the fact that it lacks chemical products; but it really didnt do anything special for my hair. In fact, it frizzed it and took volume off the top, and I don't like that. I'm glad I didn't purchase it. I've kinda had it with gels. I'm going back to mousse for a while, especially as the weather cools.

Just curious -- Where'd you get the sample, and was it free? (I know that sounds cheap, but I have to keep myself from going broke from being a product junkie just for the fun of trying out new-to-me products. ;-) )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Whole Foods. They had a jar and it said "Try me!" so I went to a staff person and asked for a sample. She gave me one. I have 3A hair these days, and in the reviews of KCCC, there are not a lot of comments from 3A's, so maybe it works better on other hair types. I am stubborn, too, I am not willing to use more than 2 or 3 styling products. Then I cannot figure out what works and what doesnt, what causes frizz and what doesnt.
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Oh, I was just in Whole Foods two or three days ago! Oh well, next time I'm there, I'll make a point to check if they've got the same display. Thanks.

Although I like having a lot of different products on hand for rotation purposes, I also don't like using a lot of products on my hair at any one time. I like my hair to feel as product free as I can get it. There are even some products I have currently listed in my signature block that I'll be removing because I've found lighter, less product-y feeling stuff to replace them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    That's great you got a free sample! I'll have to look more carefully at the beauty products in WF and see if they say "Try Me". I had purchased some smaller amounts from Kathy Mack and at first, it seemed good but then my hair started to get weighed down from it. I didn't get rid of it so maybe I'll try it again in the winter and see what happens.
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fbalancedbeauty.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users
    I like swapping travel sized bottles of product with others here. Yes, I pay postage but I do not drive all around nor end up with full bottles of stuff that I cannot use.

I just received a travel bottle of KCCC yesterday. I applied some dry last night just to see and I had a sticky, tacky mess. After it dried, my hair looked limp. It made me wonder how people possibly post about crunch with this.

So, today was a "from scratch" day. I added a quarter sized blob and scrunched into dripping hair while in the shower. I used over CJ Deep Fix (used as a L/I). Once out, I t-shirt dried and added a second blob and then topped with my trusty Alba strong hold gel.

Flatter on top than normal but I have full on ringlets around my face.

I plan to keep trying combos of this although I read that it does not mix well for some. I do not know if I used too little or not enough. It scrunched out very soft. I would have preferred more crunch.

How much did you use? Over what? Anything on top?
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM