CurlTalk

I think i got fake products :(

Asked dear friend who has license to shop at pro beauty store to pick me up Large 1 liter size no poo and one condition from devacurl line.... I had purchased travel pack at full retail and loved it!! Hadnt opened my large bottles until yesterday and quickky noticed colour n smell were way off!! No poo seems chunky and one condition smells like crisco n hairspray ugh!!!
I compared them to what little is left from my travel packs and they are completely different products!! My friend is gonna take them back to exchange but i cant go with her to see if the rest of the products are fake
I also got devacurl believe in and angel and heaven in hair from her and they were all fine!! Very frustrated :S
2c/3a
recovering from a chemically straightened nightmare!!
Going back to my roots (literally!) CG since Aug 2011
Fine, Thin, damaged, very porous, some elasticity.
Cleanse:no poo
Condish: one condition
Style: Angel, B'leave in
DT:Heaven in Hair!
Spritz and Condish!!
MY NEW HG: FSG and bent root clips with HESMEU hairspray flexible hold

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    Could your friend take the travel sized bottles with her so she can compare the contents?
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Also, keep in mind that your travel sized products could be the old formulations. While I agree that what you got was probably bad product, remember that Deva changed their formulations AND scents in a few of their products a year or two ago. You may have the stuff pre-change and she purchased new stuff. Trust me, I have products from both...and they smell VERY different.

And for the record, I've never had a restriction on someone coming into the professional beauty supply store with me, I just have to buy with my professional card and pay with either cash or a credit card that has my name on it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App

• CurlyCanadian11CurlyCanadian11 Posts: 125Registered Users
    Im in canada and devecurl is new here very very few stores have it infact thr pro beauty shop where my friend purchased still has the products in the shipping boxes... They hadnt created their display yet... Does anyone know if the new forumaulation of no poo and one condition is white or off white almost beige??
    She wont be going to exchange products till tues or wednesday so i would like to hang on to my travel bottles maybe i will see if i can give them to her just before she goes, i cannot go with her cause i would have to bring my kids and at 3yrs old and my 11 month old shopping is not fun!!
    2c/3a
    Spritz and Condish!!
    Ah ha!!! Mystery solved my friend pointed out altho they are no poo and one condition the large bottles are from devacare line and the ones i have in travel size that i like are devacurl!!!
    2c/3a
    Spritz and Condish!!
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    Your friend has a good eye for detail!

ETA: DevaCare should be more moisturising than DevaCurl.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    I have the devaCare stuff and it's certainly never gotten "chunky", that sounds like it's gone off. The scent is allegedly lemongrass and does smell a little like sour milk but not nearly as bad as that sounds, just not anything I'd have chosen as a scent.

But the Low-poo from devacare awesome for my hair and the OneC good for leavein. I don't like the no poo.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
    I found the devacurl no poo and one condition very nice smelling and worked wonders on my hair! I got curls for the first time in years! With the devacare i hated the smell and the one condition left my hair waxy feeling it also came out slighy chunky so either way its goin back!! Hope to have my new stuff thursday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    2c/3a
    Spritz and Condish!!
  • JustJulie98516JustJulie98516 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Greetings Ladies (and perhaps gentlemen too). I recently purchase a Devacurl product on Amazon and wondered if it was a true Devacurl product. I had no problems with the product's performance, I was just curious. I found this website, which not only allows you to check the products authenticity using the barcode, but also shows you where you can buy the product at the best price. When using the website, make sure you enter ALL the barcode numbers and not just the larger numbers on the label.

/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.barcodelookup.com%2F" class="Popup
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 281Registered Users
    Ohhhh! That's good to know. I purchased a bodywash off Amazon and it was not authentic at all. I think I opened about 1 year later and I finally threw it out. Chunky and funky scent. Blechhhhh.
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 192Registered Users Curl Novice
    Greetings Ladies (and perhaps gentlemen too). I recently purchase a Devacurl product on Amazon and wondered if it was a true Devacurl product. I had no problems with the product's performance, I was just curious. I found this website, which not only allows you to check the products authenticity using the barcode, but also shows you where you can buy the product at the best price. When using the website, make sure you enter ALL the barcode numbers and not just the larger numbers on the label.

/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.barcodelookup.com%2F" class="Popup

I don't know if this will help. If the product is fake, they will probably fake the whole label including the bar code.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, Sunflower Oil Pre-poo
    Styling: Living Proof Curl Defining Styling Cream and/or Living Proof Curl Enhancing Styling Mousse
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,708Registered Users Curl Novice
    WavyK, I have also heard of people buying the actual product and then diluting it with inferior product for resale, in which case at least some of the bottles will be originals.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 192Registered Users Curl Novice
    Therese1 wrote: »
    WavyK, I have also heard of people buying the actual product and then diluting it with inferior product for resale, in which case at least some of the bottles will be originals.

Yuck

There is also a good chance they may spoil quicker if they add stuff without preservatives.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, Colorful Neutral Protein Filler, Sunflower Oil Pre-poo
    Styling: Living Proof Curl Defining Styling Cream and/or Living Proof Curl Enhancing Styling Mousse