Scalp feels gross.

I've been using Devacurl no poo for about a year and a half, and I've recently started cleansing my hair every other day. Since I've started this, my scalp has been really gross feeling, and I don't like it. What can I do to give my scalp a deeper clean without having to wash it every day?

Comments

• McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users
    if your hair isnt the type to enjoy cleansers you should try a baking soda rinse followed by an acv to regulate your hairs ph....it gives a clean feeling but isnt harsh..there are many threads about it on here
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • HazelglazeHazelglaze Posts: 7Registered Users
    I've been using Devacurl no poo for about a year and a half, and I've recently started cleansing my hair every other day. Since I've started this, my scalp has been really gross feeling, and I don't like it. What can I do to give my scalp a deeper clean without having to wash it every day?

Why not try a brown sugar scrub once a week? Just mix in 3 tbsp brown sugar with 1 tbsp conditioner (suave naturals is perfect for this and is CG friendly) in place of your normal shampoo.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Deva changed the formula for a lot of their products about two years ago. My salon carries the Deva products and I used to let them use the NoPoo when I went in for my haircut/highlight. Since the formula change, I find the NoPoo very drying--and won't let them use it on me. I bring the CJ Daily Fix. You may want to switch to something like that.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jazmin419Jazmin419 Posts: 3Registered Users
    You can even try an apple cider vinegar rinse, that cuts a lot of grease and build up
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree that a brown sugar scrub is what you need. It will bust oil and other buildup on your scalp, leaving it fresh and tingling without exposing your hair to unnecessary alkalinity. Just mix 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with conditioner, then give your scalp a really good massage.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file