CurlTalk

Hair shorter on one side?

hello im new, and I have kinky curly hair. I use good professional products on my hair bed head to be exact but ive noticed ehen my hair is not Straight and its curly the curls are tighter on one side than the other. And it makes my hair look shorter on one side, does anybody know how to fix this?? Thanx
Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App

Comments

• piligracepiligrace Posts: 15Registered Users
    You need to find someone to cut it dry. When it's wet you can't see how much it curls.
    3a/3b Lots and LOTS of it!
  • McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users
    piligrace wrote: »
    You need to find someone to cut it dry. When it's wet you can't see how much it curls.

i dont cut my hair dry but i agree when its wet it changes length (known as shrinkage) lol and my hair is alos shorter on one side and i dont mind
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    My hair does the same thing. That's one of the reasons why it's so important to me to have my hair cut dry and with the curl.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • Mimi2010Mimi2010 Posts: 189Registered Users
    Could It be that you have a different curl pattern on one side than the other? Just a thought.
  • Mizzjmari3Mizzjmari3 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Thanx for all the suggetions, I did notice I have a different curl pattern on one side the curls r tighter on one side than the other. when I straighten my hair its even length on both sides. Its just annoying :-P cuz I don't straighten my hair in the summer, cuz it poofs out.

• nekiwa07nekiwa07 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Mimi2010 wrote: »
    Could It be that you have a different curl pattern on one side than the other? Just a thought.

I agree with Mimi2010, I think it may be a different curl pattern, being that once straightened, its the same length.
    Big Chop: April 4, 2011
    Description of Roxie: 4c, medium/thick density, medium/coarse strands, low porosity
    Staple Products: Suave Naturals Conditioner(DT), Homemade Avocado DT,EVOO, EVCO, Kimmaytube Leavein(featuring Giovanni Weightless or Shea Moisture Leave-in)

"Living naturally...beauty as designed!"
    Beauty As Designed BLOG

• ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users
    When styling e.g WnGs you can twist 2 of the tightest sections when its almost dry .... Unravel and separate . Don't worry about it looking like a twist out (it never does) it will even out with the other side
  • Mizzjmari3Mizzjmari3 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Thank u the twisting helped perfectly. But jus wondering of u knoe what causes a person to have a different curl pattern on one side of their head?

• ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users
    I don't know, from what I've seen here most people have different sizes of curls, textures e.t.c

It evens out a bit as the hair grows longer but we have to deal with it .
  • Mimi2010Mimi2010 Posts: 189Registered Users
    Most of us have more than on curl pattern. My entire crown is 3c and everywhere else is 4a. I'm learning to work with it tho. It takes a little more work.