Will a steam room give same results as a Huetiful?

I'm beginning my fall gym routine and this time plan to use the steamer. Does anyone use the steam room at their gym or home to deep condition? Will it work as well as the Huetiful?
3c/4a, low porosity
Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:

Comments

• JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Posts: 178Registered Users
    I just tried this, and I may put off buying the Huetiful indefinitely!!! I used the steam room in my gym for 10 minutes and when I came out I felt like a brand new person from head to toe.

I used my second to last batch of MJ super sweetback treatment as my DC. Usually MJ products sit on my hair and take their sweet time to absorb, which is why I only use curly meringue. This time it totally absorbed and my hair felt slightly different, softer maybe? Plus I was sweating up a storm and I literally felt cleansed from the steam. I am super hooked. I'm going to do this once a week now and do my DC there!!!!
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What a great idea! Wish I could try that.

Makes total sense, though! And glad it worked for you!
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Posts: 236Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    MJ Super Sweetback + steamer is my absolute FAVORITE DC! My hair ADORES that stuff. I have a steamer which I use twice a month now that the cool weather is setting in but I definitely need to check to see if my new gym has a steam room, not so much to steam my hair but in the past I do recall feeling refreshed after spending 20 mins (Max 30) in the steam room. Great for the skin as well as hair.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
    Jas76 wrote: »
    What a great idea! Wish I could try that.

Makes total sense, though! And glad it worked for you!

I'm going again Saturday!
    3c/4a, low porosity
    NYCgirl wrote: »
    MJ Super Sweetback + steamer is my absolute FAVORITE DC! My hair ADORES that stuff. I have a steamer which I use twice a month now that the cool weather is setting in but I definitely need to check to see if my new gym has a steam room, not so much to steam my hair but in the past I do recall feeling refreshed after spending 20 mins (Max 30) in the steam room. Great for the skin as well as hair.

First, since you have a steamer, how does it compare to use of the steam room???? I'm all ears!!!

I like Super sweetback too! Love the smell. I got a 16oz for free at a MJ hair event. Kinda out of my price range tho. :-).

Yes, my favorite part of the steam room is that is forces you to relax. I am constantly under a lot of stress. The night I went I had the best sleep of my life. I was sweating in places I didn't know I could sweat LOL, sweating out all those toxins! My skin had a glow all over, so much so that a coworker noticed. Love it!
    3c/4a, low porosity
    I've never steamed my hair in a steam room. It has been several years since I've been in one but when I went I put my hair up and wrapped it in a towel.

I would think that since using a steamer puts the focus of the steam on the hair exclusively, you'd get a better treatment with the steamer. As far as a steam room is concerned, it beats not having a steamer but its not targeted on your hair and depending on how hot it is you may not be able to tolerate being in there long enough to get much benefit with regards to your hair but surely your skin and body in general will benefit. One of my gyms has a sauna and for some reason I'm drawing a complete blank on the difference between a sauna and a steam room so I'm going to check it out after my Friday workout.

• Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A steam room is moist heat, a sauna is dry heat. :)
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
    Jas76 wrote: »
    A steam room is moist heat, a sauna is dry heat. :)
    THANKS!! Hence, I won't be going in there. :laughing6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file