How does applying product to soaking-wet hair help?

LisaMNLisaMN Posts: 15Registered Users
It's going against my natural instinct. In my mind, soaking wet hair + product + plopping = all of your product in the towel. Plus an extra hour to dry your hair. Do you just need to use more product to counteract? Or does it stick to the hair and not the towel? Someone reprogram my brain!

Comments

• Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If it bothers you, and putting the product in semi-dry hair is working, go for it!

Yes if you put gel in soaking hair and then squeeze out water a bunch of the gel comes back out but for me it is SO worth it.

Gel in soaking wet hair gives me:
    Good clumps
    Way Less frizz
    Even distribution (there is no.way. the gel is going to get around my hair without all the water to carry it around)
    The ability to comb product through if I want, then scrunch it back up (try THAT with semi-dry hair! HA!) for better organization.

I haven't ever been able to wait and then just somehow put a small amount of gel evenly throughout the hair once it's semi-dry. I can, however, do the Smasters thing and put a lil' more gel in after it's semi-dry if it seems to need it.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • mcrachelmcrachel Posts: 18Registered Users
    What she said! If what you're doing is working keep doing it.

It's funny, but this morning, I blotted my hair with a t-shirt much more than usual, and then did when I normally do. Got much better results than usual today too. So I guess tomorrow we find out if that's why.
    2a, Lazy hair. Takes a little work to make it curly or straight.
    Colored
    Fine hair, not a lot of it.
  • bunniee23bunniee23 Posts: 228Registered Users
    I only apply product to soaking wet hair if I use something like Ecostyler gel. It's very thick and hard to distribute without the extra water. If I'm using a curl cream or KCCC, I use a microfiber towel in a scrunching motion to squeeze out excess water before applying product.
    Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
  • mcrachelmcrachel Posts: 18Registered Users
    mcrachel wrote: »
    What she said! If what you're doing is working keep doing it.

It's funny, but this morning, I blotted my hair with a t-shirt much more than usual, and then did when I normally do. Got much better results than usual today too. So I guess tomorrow we find out if that's why.

The day I posted this, I got my curlgenie results, which said i have low porosity. This makes a lot of sense now. I imagine my hair was saturated w/ water before, so my product wasnt really gettin in there. My hair looked good when i got out of bed this morning. Second day hair used to NEVER happen for me. Yay for curl genie!!!
    2a, Lazy hair. Takes a little work to make it curly or straight.
    Colored
    Fine hair, not a lot of it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file