Best Mousse out there?

Alright curly girls! What suggestion do you have for your favorite drugstore or salon (like Sallys) mousse?

Do you use a curly mousse or a mousse for volume?

I have fine hair and need something that wont weigh my hair down but will hopefully last in the Florida weather :)
:toothy4:Haley<3:toothy4:

3a/b hair, fine texture, medium porosity and volume (ii)!
Shampoo:Suave Naturals Coconut, YTCarrots, Giovanni 50:50
Cowash: Suave Naturals Coconut Condish, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing condish
Rinse Out: Suave Naturals Coconut Condish, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing condish, YTCarrots Pampering mud Condish
Stylers: GF Curl Spray Gel, LA Looks Curl gel, Loreal frizz serum, Tresemme curl mousse, Pantene Spray gel, Biotera curl creme
~Live. Laugh. Curly.~

Comments

• Sunflower30Sunflower30 Posts: 15Registered Users
    The one and only mousse that has ever worked on my hair (this is pre CG, so you know it must have worked miracles through all the crud in my hair!) is the Organix Coconut Weightless Mousse (i think that's what its called...its the only mousse in the line).

I searched it the other day on this forum and read a thread that said it was okay to use. I really hope to keep using it! Its the only product that I would say comes close to giving me nice curls without crunch, frizz or poof.

It does have protein in it (but, that makes sense, because reading through this board my hair likes protein!). It smells fantastic. Has a surprisingly short ingredient list, but I do notice a "-quat" in the list. Can anyone else chime in on this product?

Its a lightweight foam and easy to apply. I hope once Im CG for a bit and get through the funk of just starting that it will work even better in my hair.

In the past, also works great when I re-wet my hair on the second day and re-apply some product. But I did use a hairspray to finish on the second day, which I won't be doing anymore on the CG method.
    2b + 3a curl pattern
    fine w/ normal elasticity
    My 100 day curl challenge!: Sep. 1 - Dec. 10, 2011
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Posts: 340Registered Users
    Ive heard good things about Joico joi whip! Its a tad expensive though :3
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
  • cityraincityrain Posts: 5Registered Users
    I'm a mousse rookie but I like the HH Totally Twisted. Some definition, lots of movement, not sticky, smells fine. It seems like a pretty easygoing mousse, which is good because I'm a klutz. I'm not going for perfectly defined curls, I like a messier look.
    Fine/medium, low porosity, curly

Cones, fates and bens used in moderation
  • rascalluver11rascalluver11 Posts: 156Registered Users
    The one and only mousse that has ever worked on my hair (this is pre CG, so you know it must have worked miracles through all the crud in my hair!) is the Organix Coconut Weightless Mousse (i think that's what its called...its the only mousse in the line).

I searched it the other day on this forum and read a thread that said it was okay to use. I really hope to keep using it! Its the only product that I would say comes close to giving me nice curls without crunch, frizz or poof.

It does have protein in it (but, that makes sense, because reading through this board my hair likes protein!). It smells fantastic. Has a surprisingly short ingredient list, but I do notice a "-quat" in the list. Can anyone else chime in on this product?

Its a lightweight foam and easy to apply. I hope once Im CG for a bit and get through the funk of just starting that it will work even better in my hair.

In the past, also works great when I re-wet my hair on the second day and re-apply some product. But I did use a hairspray to finish on the second day, which I won't be doing anymore on the CG method.

Is it a drugstore product?
    :toothy4:Haley<3:toothy4:

3a/b hair, fine texture, medium porosity and volume (ii)!
    Shampoo:Suave Naturals Coconut, YTCarrots, Giovanni 50:50
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Coconut Condish, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing condish
    Rinse Out: Suave Naturals Coconut Condish, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing condish, YTCarrots Pampering mud Condish
    Stylers: GF Curl Spray Gel, LA Looks Curl gel, Loreal frizz serum, Tresemme curl mousse, Pantene Spray gel, Biotera curl creme
    ~Live. Laugh. Curly.~
  • crazywavescrazywaves Posts: 582Registered Users
    Tresemme climate protection and the flawless curls mousse. Both work really well defining curls and have good hold. The problem for me is both contain keratin so I have to limit my use. I wish I wasnt protein sensitive or I would use them daily. I limit use to when humidity is high.
  • cacoanoircacoanoir Posts: 10Registered Users
    At wal-mart and stater brothers (California store) is vital-care mousse white and pink bottle for control. White and red is the volume type. It's $3.99 a bottle. I've used it for 18 years with great control. I think it may have made my acne worse though.

I just switched to joico joiwhip a few months ago when I found it on sale at loehmanns (Ross tj maxx type store in Cali and ny). It was like $10. Also salons some times have it as 2/20 bucks. Best thing was the salon was able to order me travel size versions that TSA lets on my carryon.

Your hair will be a bit crunchy but looks great in even the highest humidity.

I just ordered Marie dean and uncle funky but $$$. Trying to find volume and shine and humidity control without crunch. Bf doesn't like crunchy hair. We'll see what happens.
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    Joico Joiwhip is the best mousse. I have it in my hair right now.
    You only need tiny amounts so the price actually equals out to using a few cans of a cheaper brand.
    Second choice is a gc safe mousse like, pantene for curls, mixed with a cheap VO5 conditioner. V05 Champagne Kiss usually works the best with Pantene.
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I REALLY like Aussie Aussome Volume mousse. It's got GREAT hold for a mousse. It gives nice crunch without weighing hair down. It's by far my favorite mousse ever. I personally hate mousse on first day hair, but it works super well on my 2nd day hair. It's pretty cheap, but it works really well. :)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,104Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I was a Joiwhip user for ages but I don't know if my hair got used to it or something but I started finding it harder and harder to scrunch out so I've been trying others. Paul Mitchell does a good one though for some reason the can never seems to last very long for me, so it works out exy. Atm I'm using a DeLorenzo one which is nice but it's an Aussie brand and I don't think you can get it over there.
    3b in South Australia.
  • McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users

Is it a drugstore product?

it is i also love their low poo
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • Sunflower30Sunflower30 Posts: 15Registered Users
    Yes, the Organix Coconut Milk line is available at drugstores, target, ulta, supermarkets, etc. Some places carry the whole Organix coconut line, some only carry a few products. In the past, I've gone to a few different stores/kept my eye out for the mousse. It seems the least stocked item in the line, even when they carry the shampoo, conditioner, etc. I think I originally found it at the grocery store (of all places!), and I last purchased it at Ulta here in Dallas, TX. My Target here doesn't have the mousse. I originally tried the shampoo and conditioner because I love coconut (like- LOVE, coconut scented things!) and there was a buy one, get on free coupon on the product- so I went for it and was so glad I did!

Organix has a handful of other lines- pomegranite, cherry blossom, tea tree mint, etc. I have only tried the Coconut. Contemplating the tea tree mint. I read somewhere else on this board that people like the tea tree mint for a low-poo. (I believe all their products are sulfate free, but double check for sure). Sometimes a store will have like, three scents and not the others. Just have to check wherever your at to see what they have. =)
    2b + 3a curl pattern
    fine w/ normal elasticity
    My 100 day curl challenge!: Sep. 1 - Dec. 10, 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file