Too much hair coming out???

Hi Ladies,

Is hair supposed to come out everytime I wash it or style it? It just seems like I always have hair coming out. I don't know if it's because my ends need cutting or what, but even this morning, just putting in Shea Moisture I had hair on my hands as I did it. I know we lose like 100-200 strands a day, but I just want to make sure this is normal. Anyone have advice or have pics of how much hair comes out while washing, combing or styling???:?

Comments

• kellysmumkellysmum Posts: 167Registered Users
    Hi,
    I have the same problem. Upset me so much I went to see a dermatologist, and he said it's nothing to worry about, 100-200 per day is normal and to take 5000 mcg of biotin per day. I did, and it really helps. My shedding has reduced significantly. Hope this helps.
    Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
    CG since June 2011 and loving it so far.
    Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
    Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tend to lose a lot of hair, too. The longer my hair gets, the more I seem to lose.

Also, I just had the Brazilian Blowout 2 months ago, and I seem to lose even more with that. :(
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • CurlyCanadian11CurlyCanadian11 Posts: 125Registered Users
    I had same problem after each of my children were born, the first 6 months after they were born was dreadful, CLUMPS of hair would just fall out, especially around my forehead hairline and tempels. We have light beige creamy coloured carpeting in our bedroom and you could see even tho I vacuum on a weekly basis by the 3rd day after vacuuming there would be dark spots on the carpet, if you got down and just wiped ur hand across it was my jet back hair!!! it clogged the shower drain and the sink where I brush my teeth and it didnt stop until each of my kids were at least 7 or 8 months old!!!

I blame it on hormones...I had blood work done and thyroid came back fine, so it has to be stress and post preggo hormones I think. Be nice to ur hair, try not to brush-it can rip fragile hair out...
    2c/3a
    recovering from a chemically straightened nightmare!!
    Going back to my roots (literally!) CG since Aug 2011
    Fine, Thin, damaged, very porous, some elasticity.
    Cleanse:no poo
    Condish: one condition
    Style: Angel, B'leave in
    DT:Heaven in Hair!
    Spritz and Condish!!
    MY NEW HG: FSG and bent root clips with HESMEU hairspray flexible hold
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had same problem after each of my children were born, the first 6 months after they were born was dreadful, CLUMPS of hair would just fall out, especially around my forehead hairline and tempels. We have light beige creamy coloured carpeting in our bedroom and you could see even tho I vacuum on a weekly basis by the 3rd day after vacuuming there would be dark spots on the carpet, if you got down and just wiped ur hand across it was my jet back hair!!! it clogged the shower drain and the sink where I brush my teeth and it didnt stop until each of my kids were at least 7 or 8 months old!!!

I blame it on hormones...I had blood work done and thyroid came back fine, so it has to be stress and post preggo hormones I think. Be nice to ur hair, try not to brush-it can rip fragile hair out...

I had the same problem after I had my daughter years ago. Hormones definitely play a huge part in losing hair.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • drummerswife24drummerswife24 Posts: 27Registered Users
    kellysmum wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have the same problem. Upset me so much I went to see a dermatologist, and he said it's nothing to worry about, 100-200 per day is normal and to take 5000 mcg of biotin per day. I did, and it really helps. My shedding has reduced significantly. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I never heard of Biotin. Can you get it from a certain food?
  • drummerswife24drummerswife24 Posts: 27Registered Users
    I only brush it to put it in a ponytail which is very rare. I try to go a week without washing it so I don't have to comb often either, but my hair tangles easy.
  • kellysmumkellysmum Posts: 167Registered Users
    They sell biotin at health food stores as vitamin supplements, or on Amazon.com. That's where I got mine.
    Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
    CG since June 2011 and loving it so far.
    Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
    Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file