Naked Bodycare product line update for UK & Ireland

Hello Folks

As a wurly who lives in Ireland, where it's 75% humidity at the very least all year round, I've been relying on Naked Bodycare's curl creme and styling gel. I like them because they're silicone-free, 97% natural, effective on my thick/coarse hair, and not too expensive for my tight budget. I've been trying to find their styling gel for sale in Boots, or online, for the last few weeks, but had no luck. I contacted Naked to ask where I could get some and they replied saying the product will be discontinued because Boots have decided not to stock it.

I was also advised that Boots' decision to stop stocking the styling gel has made it financially unsound for Naked Bodycare to keep making the product. Naked customer care advised me that they haven't got any other high-street retailers who sell their products, and they're obviously not selling enough stock through their website to justify continuing to make the styling gel.

I thought I'd spread the word to other members so you can start sourcing an alternative product.

I also thought I'd suggest contacting both Boots and Naked Bodycare to let them know there is a market for this product: people want hair-friendly, Eco-friendly products that don't cost a fortune.

Here are the relevant contact details for anyone who wants them:

Boots - Boots Customer Care - Contact Us - Boots
Naked Bodycare - Contact Us | Naked Body Care

cross-posted on longhaircommunity.com and britishcurlies.co.uk
Hair: BSB, Coarse, thick, 2b/2c layered
Colour: Logona Natural Copper Blonde
Low-Poo: Anita Grant Bars, Organic Blue Mandarin & Neem
Co-Wash: Lavera Basis
Rinse-out: Organic Blue Mandarin & Ginger
Styling: Homemade Sea Salt Spray, John Masters Organic Citrus & Neroli Detangler, John Masters Sweet Orange & Silk Protein Gel, Kinky by Nature AVG, Homemade AVG Spritz
Weekly: Jojoba Oil, plopped overnight

Comments

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've seen naked skincare products in superdrug. I wonder why the hair products aren't there too?
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • mnehmneh Posts: 8Registered Users
    curlylaura wrote: »
    I've seen naked skincare products in superdrug. I wonder why the hair products aren't there too?

I didn't know that Naked skincare products were sold in Superdrug - I must remember to look out for them there :)

The only reason I can think of, as to why the haircare products aren't stocked, is that Superdrug have declined to sell them for some reason. It's strange that they won't stock all the products from the Naked range :disgust:
    Hair: BSB, Coarse, thick, 2b/2c layered
    Colour: Logona Natural Copper Blonde
    Low-Poo: Anita Grant Bars, Organic Blue Mandarin & Neem
    Co-Wash: Lavera Basis
    Rinse-out: Organic Blue Mandarin & Ginger
    Styling: Homemade Sea Salt Spray, John Masters Organic Citrus & Neroli Detangler, John Masters Sweet Orange & Silk Protein Gel, Kinky by Nature AVG, Homemade AVG Spritz
    Weekly: Jojoba Oil, plopped overnight

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file