Rake and shake

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Do you use this method for applying gel? what about mousse? do you think it is a good technique for applying products?

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,228Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I definitely rake - run fingers through hair - because if I comb my hair I get a poufball and my curls aren't defined, but if I rake, it helps give the curls enough definition.

I don't seem to need to do the shake and I haven't the patience to fuss with my hair a lot. My hair is some combo of 2c, 3a/b and it is pretty short. I only use gels, mousse doesn't seem to work for me even though my hair isn't that thick.

Do you know your hair type and whether you are have silky or coarse hair, porous or not? How often do you shampoo and are you using silicones/sulfates? Those factors are very important.

This method probably works well for certain types of hair, but I'm not sure which ones - please post back after you've experimented. :icon_smile:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I dont know if my hair is porous. The diameter of each hair is quite thick, my stylist comments often. I am not CG, I wash and style daily, but I try to stay away from sulfates, except for Aveda shampoo brilliant, cause I love the smell. I have not made up my mind about cones. My hair without products is probably 2C; with, I get good 3A spirals. I have not found a routine that works consistantly. The rake and shake seems to cause more frizz than kind of scrunching in the gel, so I dont think its for me. Next time I get to NY, I might go get styled at Ouidad, and see what they can do for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file