question about my NAKED HAIR??!

so today in my hair aftrer my showerr i put in a ton of leave in conditioner. i did not like the results very much. since im doing nothing today i figured id rewash my hair quick and put absolutely no leave ins, oils or styling products in it. so i just combed my hair after my shower and that was it, bc ihavent seen my naked hair in years!
i actually really like the results. its more messy which makes me look older and less like a 5 year old little girl. the only problem is i have some frizz which if i could just get rid of, this hair would look good!
i know that a little leave in conditioner would help with the frizz but i think the leave in would encourage my curl which is not what i wanna do, bc without leave in (today) my hair is elongated and loose which i like!
i was wondering if a serum would get rid of the frizz without boosting the curl at all? or at least help with frizz?
any other suggestions of something light to put in my hair (no gel or mousse) that could help with frizz without boosting the curl?
drugstore products please
thanks!

Comments

• SusieSuzeSusieSuze Posts: 524Registered Users
    Have you tried super diluting the stuff you already have at home?

Scrunch 1/4 the amount you'd usually use into super wet hair.. once it's distributed, squish out the extra water.. I've found this to work really nicely!

I'm using my gel throughout then a tiny bit of creme all over the top after it's dried to tame the flyaways.. so far I love it!
  • McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users
    so today in my hair aftrer my showerr i put in a ton of leave in conditioner. i did not like the results very much. since im doing nothing today i figured id rewash my hair quick and put absolutely no leave ins, oils or styling products in it. so i just combed my hair after my shower and that was it, bc ihavent seen my naked hair in years!
    i actually really like the results. its more messy which makes me look older and less like a 5 year old little girl. the only problem is i have some frizz which if i could just get rid of, this hair would look good!
    i know that a little leave in conditioner would help with the frizz but i think the leave in would encourage my curl which is not what i wanna do, bc without leave in (today) my hair is elongated and loose which i like!
    i was wondering if a serum would get rid of the frizz without boosting the curl at all? or at least help with frizz?
    any other suggestions of something light to put in my hair (no gel or mousse) that could help with frizz without boosting the curl?
    drugstore products please
    thanks!

from what i can tell you dont want your curls and like it brushed out...well in that case i guess a serum would be a smart choice....john frieda makes a good one but there are lots of others..well good luck and try smoothing the product so not to encourage the curls
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Have you ever tried doing an oil rinse? Your hair would get a deep moisturizing which would help with controlling the frizz, and then just forego using any LI. From what I've experienced, an oil rinse won't *keep* the natural curl from doing its thing, but I also haven't found that it specifically encourages the curl either. If you've never done an oil rinse, you might want to save it for a day when you feel like experimenting and see what you think.

Happy for you that you like your "naked hair". :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file