Are you having a Happy Hair Day???

CurlyCanadian11CurlyCanadian11 Registered Users Posts: 125
I know I AM!!!! I made my first attempt at FSG this morning and i am soo pleased! I gobbed in it my hair, it was dripping gobs of FSG when i was done lol! then i scrunched in some of my regular gel (devacurl angel) cause I hear FSG sometimes doesnt hold well, I diffused for 5 min, then clipped up my roots, got dressed, did light make up, and diffused rest of way, put sum devacurl b'leave in on my hands and scrunched out any crunch-there wasnt much at all but needed my waves n curls to separate more
And.......

OMG i am in love! thanks to iAgirl's recipe and the youtube video it turned out right the first time and I am just thrilled!! Thanks to all the curlies who wrote such positive things about FSG that made me what to try it!!!
2c/3a
recovering from a chemically straightened nightmare!!
Going back to my roots (literally!) CG since Aug 2011
Fine, Thin, damaged, very porous, some elasticity.
Cleanse:no poo
Condish: one condition
Style: Angel, B'leave in
DT:Heaven in Hair!
Spritz and Condish!!
MY NEW HG: FSG and bent root clips with HESMEU hairspray flexible hold

Comments

• IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte
    Way to go!
    I like to use FSG+ aloe or protein (or with both) and Deva ArcAngel together. It's a reliably great combination.
    Congratulations on your successful batch of FSG and your happy hair day.
  • CurlyCanadian11CurlyCanadian11 Registered Users Posts: 125
    YES!!! I layered on sum devcurl arc angel!!! then I went out and bought aloevera gel and some essential oils and added them to the FSG for today...todays hair didnt turn out as nice but im pretty sure since i transfered my gel to a pump bottle I just used less today and therefore my curls turned to waves :( oh well tomorrow's another day!!...I dont know if my hair likes proteine...its very damaged and my hairdresser suggested joico k pack reconstructor to use every wash instead of an intense treatment, in hopes it would help my hair...this was pre cg...anyways it made my hair soft but next rinse was back to straw like...so i dunno....i dont use anything with proteine in it that I know of right now and i have happy hair so i am just leavin the whole proteine thing alone for now
    2c/3a
    Spritz and Condish!!
  • IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte
    Some protein might help your hair recover from the damage - you can always try it on a little section of hair and see if you like the results before you use it on all of your hair.

I've never dared put FSG in a pump bottle. It seems so practical... and yet so improbable that it would come out of the pump!
    Omg!! I tried this little tupperware with a cup n snap lid at first for my fsg and it was a miserable fail!!! I cooked my fsg as ur instructions got nice goopy gelly consistency but really hard to grab to apply!! So i had an almost empty hand sanitizer bottle, emptied it ran it thru dishwasher on sani rinse soaked in bleach and rinsed with water then carefully with funnel poured in fsg, avg and fo and tada!!! It does pump very nicely!!! Easy to apply (i saturate my hair!!) i highly reccomend it!
    2c/3a
    Spritz and Condish!!
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    YES!!! I layered on sum devcurl arc angel!!! then I went out and bought aloevera gel and some essential oils and added them to the FSG for today...todays hair didnt turn out as nice but im pretty sure since i transfered my gel to a pump bottle I just used less today and therefore my curls turned to waves :( oh well tomorrow's another day!!...I dont know if my hair likes proteine...its very damaged and my hairdresser suggested joico k pack reconstructor to use every wash instead of an intense treatment, in hopes it would help my hair...this was pre cg...anyways it made my hair soft but next rinse was back to straw like...so i dunno....i dont use anything with proteine in it that I know of right now and i have happy hair so i am just leavin the whole proteine thing alone for now
    Joiko K-pac has mineral oil. The mineral oil probably made your hair soft initially. Then once that washed away, you were left with the protein, which makes hair feel hard.

If you use an immersion blender, it takes away the "flubber factor" and makes FSG easier to pick up.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
    I thoguht mineral oils were hard to get out of hair? i dont think much stays in my hair, i can rinse with water and my hair goes back to feeling like itself!
    2c/3a
    Spritz and Condish!!
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I thoguht mineral oils were hard to get out of hair? i dont think much stays in my hair, i can rinse with water and my hair goes back to feeling like itself!
    Depends on the hair. For some mineral oil is hard to remove, others have no issues at all removing it. Proteins bind to hair, and those will still be there after you wash out the mineral oil.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file