Any recipies for a DIY botanical boost spray or similar?

Curly500Curly500 Registered Users Posts: 4
I am looking to make my own refresher spray for 2nd day hair (like the Botanical Boost). Does anyone have any recipies they have tried or like? Thanks!

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    oh pick me! i mixed this great one up, strong green tea, tea tree oil and bit of honey, shake it all up put it in a spry bottle n when ever ya need a bit of a boost just give it a spray :) i love it also great to get out product crunch

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • Ruthie11Ruthie11 Registered Users Posts: 77 Curl Neophyte
    Would you give the amounts of your ingrediants please. Thx.
    Cowash-Tresseme Naturals
    Hair Type-3c-4a
    Leave in-Tresseme Naturals
    Gel-LA Sports Gel
    Cashmere Curls for shine

:wav:
  • McfrizzyMcfrizzy Registered Users Posts: 406
    try esposm salt, some of your fave oil and water... the esposm salt makes your hair culier 9although it can be drying so not too much..if it is add a leave in or rinse out condish)
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • Curly500Curly500 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Ruthie11 wrote: »
    Would you give the amounts of your ingrediants please. Thx.

I wasn't really thinking of anything specific. I just wanted to get various recipies that I could try. I will go out and by ingredients if I don't have them already, so post away!

I thought about trying sea salt (or similarily epsom salt I guess) but I don't really want to dry out my hair. I might have to give the green tea one a shot though!

I would love some more recipies though!
    Fmasuhr wrote: »
    oh pick me! i mixed this great one up, strong green tea, tea tree oil and bit of honey, shake it all up put it in a spry bottle n when ever ya need a bit of a boost just give it a spray :) i love it also great to get out product crunch

250ml strong tea, i use 2 tea bags, 10 drops of tea tree and if you want 1tbs honey, but it works just as fine without the honey

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
  • apatt4975apatt4975 Registered Users Posts: 142
    4oz rosewater, 1 tbsp of aloe vera and oil of choice(originally called for sweet almond oil)...great refresher and moisturizing spray

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App
  • Curly500Curly500 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Wow! Thanks for the recipies! I can't wait to try them!
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Registered Users Posts: 236 Curl Neophyte
    apatt4975 wrote: »
    4oz rosewater, 1 tbsp of aloe vera and oil of choice(originally called for sweet almond oil)...great refresher and moisturizing spray

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App

I am considering making a refresh spritzer for the fall/winter months ahead for A) refreshing morning hair quickly and B) adding a bit moisture in dry office conditions when needed.

This recipe seems quite simple but I have 3 qiuck questions:
    1. What is so "special" for the lack of a better word about Rosewater?

2. Where do you get Rosewater from or is this also somehing you have to make?

3. When you say Aloe Vera, are you referring to gel or juice?

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
    NYCgirl wrote: »
    This recipe seems quite simple but I have 3 qiuck questions:
    1. What is so "special" for the lack of a better word about Rosewater?

2. Where do you get Rosewater from or is this also somehing you have to make?

3. When you say Aloe Vera, are you referring to gel or juice?

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App

well ive made a differnt spray, using just rose/herb water and tea tree.
    ive made my own rose/herb water, fresh rose petals, lavender, rosemary and peppermints, i just poured boiling water over the lot and let it sit for half an hour, then i strained it. rose water is really moisturising and gentle for the hair and scalp. i dont no where you can get it or how expensive, thats why i made my own......
    and you can use aloe vera gel or juice, i use gel but juice can be used as well. hope thats answerd your questens

• AshleyVAAshleyVA Registered Users Posts: 1

250ml strong tea, i use 2 tea bags, 10 drops of tea tree and if you want 1tbs honey, but it works just as fine without the honey
    I just tried this recipe this morning and it worked beautifully! Thank you!!! I was getting ready to shell out $15 for a bottle of curl refresher. After I spent $165 yesterday for a curly haircut, shampoo, conditioner and gel, my husband was giving me the hairy eyeball for wanting to spend $15 more.
  • rapunzel4everrapunzel4ever Registered Users Posts: 557
    I would really like to try one of these (tea/herbal) sprays, but I am a bit afraid that it might color my hair in a unwanted hue (green or dark). I have blond hair. Any blonds here tried this?

Sent from my HTC Legend using CurlTalk App
    2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
    Routine:
    Wash: Daily Fix,SMT, Kesham, Urtekram
    RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
    acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
    LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
    Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP, JCCC, BRHG
    Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
    KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Registered Users Posts: 287
    I would really like to try one of these (tea/herbal) sprays, but I am a bit afraid that it might color my hair in a unwanted hue (green or dark). I have blond hair. Any blonds here tried this?

Can teas/herbals do this? I thought only chlorine did this to hair that was dyed blonde. If you are naturally blonde it should be no problem, I would assume...
    I am a natural. But even natural hair can get unwanted color from things like chlorine. And I know that herbs can have very strong coloring qualities. Like henna or Senne. Chamomile makes hair more golden. And sage (,rosemary, amla, kesham) makes your hair darker, that is why it is used against grey hair in dark hair.
    That is why I don't like to experiment and possibly ruin my hair.

Routine:
  • CeriCeri Registered Users Posts: 142
    I am a natural. But even natural hair can get unwanted color from things like chlorine. And I know that herbs can have very strong coloring qualities. Like henna or Senne. Chamomile makes hair more golden. And sage (,rosemary, amla, kesham) makes your hair darker, that is why it is used against grey hair in dark hair.
    That is why I don't like to experiment and possibly ruin my hair.

Try white tea. Great stuff for hair and very healthy for the insides too.

Just make sure to keep in the fridge between uses.
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE
    Ceri wrote: »

Ceri, thanks for the suggestion. I will try the white tea. Do you add anything else to that? Or do you use it straight up as a refresher spray?

Off topic: I love your signature picture!
    Routine:
  • CeriCeri Registered Users Posts: 142
    Ceri wrote: »

Ceri, thanks for the suggestion. I will try the white tea. Do you add anything else to that? Or do you use it straight up as a refresher spray?

Off topic: I love your signature picture!

Thanks, I love Josephine Wall's work!

I don't use a refresher spray, but I have used white tea in other infusions for my hair.
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE
    AshleyVA wrote: »
    I just tried this recipe this morning and it worked beautifully! Thank you!!! I was getting ready to shell out $15 for a bottle of curl refresher. After I spent $165 yesterday for a curly haircut, shampoo, conditioner and gel, my husband was giving me the hairy eyeball for wanting to spend $15 more.

no worries glad it was good :) my hair seems to love herbal things so try alot of different things, my latest was with aloe vera lavender and water, that works really well. :)
    Camomile tea is great for blonde hair, or green tea. i dont think that normal tea will dy it, it might give it a darker ting or high lights, but i dont think it will dy it. If you used somthing like coffee then it will dy it but normal light tea wont.
    though if you used lemon after a coffee rinse i wonder what would happen?? lemon is meant to lighten hair, and coffee to make it darker.....? now that will be interesting!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file