Can't stand crunch

Oooh I am struggling and could do with some input please.
Short; some really short; layers, slowly growing out but finding it hard to achieve and maintain curl. I do find KCCC gives good definition and some shine to my drab grey but the short hairs on the top just matt into hard pencils that I really have to manipulate to get rid of crunch hence I then end up frizzy again. Boots curl creme also gives nice shine but not enough definition. I did use BRHG yesterday so maybe that's the culprit. In an ideal world is it possible to have the definition and hold with out having to interfere and possible spoil a nice curl?
:confused5:
Still experimenting!
Hair 2c+3a?
Mainly coarse and porous.
Curl Junkie/Jessica Curls Cleanser/Aussie Shampoo
CO-Alternating Garnier Fructus Shine and Repair, Aubreys Honeysuckle Rose and Tresemme Oganic conditioner
LI-Garnier Shine and Repair
Style-Experimenting Boots Curl Creme, Umberto Giannini Shapely Mousse

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi - I find that Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Cream Lite (CCCL) scrunched in underneath KCCC gives me soft curls with definition. Works for me in everything except those dreaded high dews.

You can get lots of samples to try out for very little $ from Kathymack. PM me if you need help figuring out how to contact her or anything.

Good luck and please post back to let us know how it is going! :hello2:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • ajgrneyesajgrneyes Posts: 103Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the same problem with kccc and when using my beloved fsg. I'll be watching this thread for more responses.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App
    sulfate, silicone and protein free since 6/11
    porosity - normal to low
    elasticity - normal

love my curls :love4:
    HGs:
    FSG
    Henna
    My own butter mixture
    My own version of Terressentials mud wash
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ive been making a mixture of green tea and tea tree, somtimes i add a bit of honey, it works really well for product crunch, and has an added bonus of moisturizing the hair and scalp at the same time :) give it ago

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • maydewmaydew Posts: 51Registered Users
    Thanks for advice. I do like KCCC so may try a different gel! I used to have the original CJCCC curlypearl, but it seemed to make my scalp itch, don't know if there is protein in it but I do think I am protein sensitive. I think I could do with some patience:laughing8: but it does take extra time, getting ready for out and I just don't want to have to fiddle. Yes flax seed gel does give similar results. So at what point would you use the green tea? I am not sure that honey agrees with my hair either which is strange as I have coarse hair. Will keep experimenting; until one of us finds the perfect combination.
    Still experimenting!
    Hair 2c+3a?
    Mainly coarse and porous.
    Curl Junkie/Jessica Curls Cleanser/Aussie Shampoo
    CO-Alternating Garnier Fructus Shine and Repair, Aubreys Honeysuckle Rose and Tresemme Oganic conditioner
    LI-Garnier Shine and Repair
    Style-Experimenting Boots Curl Creme, Umberto Giannini Shapely Mousse
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    maydew wrote: »
    Y So at what point would you use the green tea? I am not sure that honey agrees with my hair either which is strange as I have coarse hair. Will keep experimenting; until one of us finds the perfect combination.

you can spray your hair when ever it needs it, when ever it needs a shine boost, or its a little dry or you have crunch or for a bit of extra shine...... i keep a small bottle in my hand bag, so when im out n about n need a bit of a boost i just spray. leave the honey out then mine seems to love honey :)

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file