Hello Everyone.

Hello everyone, I am new here and I dont know where I would be placed at on the hair type. I have been reading some of CG method. However I am a tad bit confused. Im going to try and post a picture. If you guys can give me some advice that would be great. I want my curls back. My hair looks so dried out. Right now I am using Suave Professionals Professionals Humectant Thank You.

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Curl Neophyte Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, Skye! It sounds like you need to get some moisture into your hair. May of us have found that using products without silicones and sulfates really helps get the hair healthy. I would suggest that you read up on the curly girl method. There are also lists of products that are "safe" to use on these boards. Here is a link to one of them that can get you started: Girl with Curl Getting rid of slicones and sulfates was my first step. Then I needed to deep condition on a regular (weekly) basis. It's made a huge difference for me.

Suave Naturals is a popular conditioner here. I'm not familiar with their Professional line so I don't know if it contains silicones. Tresseme Naturals is also very popular. It takes patience and time to get to know the properties (porosity, texture) of your hair and what products will work best for you.

Keep reading and experimenting. You'll have fun playing with products and techniques!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • skye0787skye0787 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thank You. I hope I figure this out soon. I saw all the wonderful pics.
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    I agree with mhen76's input. There's lots to look into and have fun figuring out.

Of course your hair may curl up more the longer you go with CG, but just based on the one pic your posted, it looks like you would be somewhere in the 2 range as far as type of curl pattern. To pick the best products for haircare, however, you'll want to focus more on determining your hair's properties (texture, density, porosity, and elasticity). You may want to check out livecurlylivefree.com for more info.

Good luck! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file