Shampoo Bars and possibly stuff like the former? Flower Moon Soap Company

SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Who here are still using shampoo bars? I have a friend who makes goat's milk soap and whenever I've used them for shampoo bars, they've been divine! They are MAYBE seeing if there would be some interest here with some prodding from me.

I'm also trying to get them to try to make a soap like the old Flower Moon Soap Company, the kind that came in a tub and was a softer soap? Kinda like a consistency of creamy, soapy goodness, but about as thick if not a little thicker than maybe Crisco? I know that's a bad analogy, but it's the best I could come up with. Maybe someone who remembers it could chime in on what it's like?

Anyway, I'm just putting out some feelers to see if any of you are still using these, and/or might be interested in purchasing from them. They do small batches to ensure high quality, BTW.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I wouldn't be interested in buying, (I have a super sensitive, very picky scalp) but just figured I'd chime in to say that that does sound really cool! :) Especially the "soft Crisco" soap! ;)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I definitely remember the Flower Moon Dairy Whipped soap in a tub. I loved it, but it really stripped my hair color so I stopped using it. I really liked it as a body wash but then their customer service got so terrible that I moved on to other things.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file