KCCC dries out my hair-what's going on?

I have been using Knot Today with KCCC for over a month now, and I'm just starting to notice that my hair, when I use it, is really dry. Not just crunchy, but dried out. And it's really flat, no matter how much I scrunch it out (with KC pomade or CJ Coffee Cocoa Curl Creme. In fact, I seem to be getting better results just using CJ products and leaving out the KCCC all together. I can't figure it out-it worked so well when I first started using it. Am I using too much?
Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
CG since June 2011 and loving it so far.
Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!

Comments

• westndnbeautywestndnbeauty Posts: 73Registered Users
    You may not be doing anything wrong at all. The KT also stopped working for my hair after about 3 months. My hair bets super hard as if it was a protein. I stopped using. My moisturizer of choice is now from Qhemets or KBB.
  • kellysmumkellysmum Posts: 167Registered Users
    Thanks for the reply. Glad it's not just me, but sorry it stopped working for both of us. It was nice while it lasted.
    Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
    CG since June 2011 and loving it so far.
    Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
    Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I haven't used KC products, so I'm just guessing here, but some people can't use the same products over and over -- they have to switch things up, or else their hair gets "bored." Maybe this is you? Or maybe something is building up? I know you have fine-textured hair, so I don't think it would be the protein, since fine hair usually loves that!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been mixing KCCC with DevaCurl B'LeaveIn for about 2 1/4 years now, and have no problems with it drying my hair out. I initially tried it with KCKT, and was not impressed.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Back when I sort of used KCCC sometimes I would get this weird feeling when scrunching it in, like it was drying on my hair? Not quite like the flash drying feeling when I use glycerin heavy products in the winter but close.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file