CurlTalk

help! need a good anti-frizz priduct...

i've been battling frizz more recently then ever...i dunno if it's just my routine or products or what. here's my routine;;

1. shower and condish cg style with either nexxus humetress or he hello hydration
2. distrubute aussie anti frizz cream + leave in conditioner and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]ag re:coil[/buylink] through hair and scrunch
3. scrunch he body envy gel through hair, cg style.
4. air dry
5. come back a little later and diffuse a bit
formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    So are you CG? If so, the HE conditioner is definitely not CG, so you might have build-up. Also, I would diffuuse when your hair is wet, and then finish by airdrying. If I diffuse when my hair is too dry, it gets frizzy.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    yes, i am. and oops, didn't know that...guess i'll stick with nexxus :). and i only leave for maybe a half hour...my hair's still pretty wet

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    The cyclopentasiloxane in the HE conditioners is actually a silicone that's one of the hardest to wash out. Definitely stay away from that one.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    alright, thanks :) i used nexxus this morning and followed everything in my routine up through 3. then i diffused for a little but...i got a nice aura of frizz around my hair. i tried to mat it down with gel, but it still looks bad :/

• CsaracCsarac Posts: 861Registered Users
    I know someone said to diffuse right away to eliminate frizz but for me, that has the opposite effect.

I need to put in my product then let my hair air dry for at least 30 minutes (longer if possible) then I diffuse for like, 2 minutes, literally for some volume. I have to do this no matter what products I use or I get horrible frizz and no curl definition at all, yet I cannot skip the diffusing part of it or my hair is too flat on top.

Try that and see if doesn't help some, since I see that you tried diffusing right away and got a halo of frizz..

Good Luck!
    HG: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (always and forever)
    Cantu Naturals s & c (shampoo 1x a week), use conditioner as a co-wash every day and LI under my gel.

Air dry then diffuse canapy layers only for volume
    Coconut oil before/after coloring grays and on ends.

2b/c mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity. After 16 years on NC.com I FINALLY figured it out..

• tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    maybe try combing in some CK before adding your gel. Works for me as far as combatting frizz. Even in the humid summer months!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
    sorry, but what is CK?

• curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    [quote=girl[anachronism]]sorry, but what is CK?[/quote]

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] - it is made by a company called Curly Hair Solutions. You can purchase it on Curlmart on this site.
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] is actually intended to be used alone as a styler, but most people here use it in small amounts as a substitute for serum, under other stylers. It inhibits frizz and adds shine.
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    [quote=girl[anachronism]]i've been battling frizz more recently then ever...[/quote]

I hear ya! I changed up my routine today and have WAY less frizz.
    Unfortunately, I've never used this combo before so I don't know if it's the clarifying shampoo, the CK, the Boots, the JoiWhip or diffusing. :roll:
    GRRRR!!!
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
    i'll try something like that...but i'd need subtitutes. sigh...the reality of being 13 with a limited budget :/