We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Original Moxie Volumizing Spray

capellifelicicapellifelici Posts: 26Registered Users
Hey guys! I ended up trying out the Original Moxie Volumizing Spray for my super fine 3a hair, and I have to say that overall I'm impressed.

Pros:
-good volume boost w/o heat activation
-smells good; not like cherry candy like it says, but more like cinnamon
-a little goes a long way
-OM salespeople have excellent service and are the nicest people ever! The owner included a personal note in my order.
-you get to support a wonderful environmentally and socially ethical small bizz that genuinely cares about your hair!

Cons:
-very difficult at first to gauge how much to use; the first time I used it, I didn't use enough and my hair was just the same as always. The second time, I used too much and my hair was just weighed down. I eventually discovered that 2 squirts is just right.
-don't squirt it into your hair like the bottle says to, you'll end up needing too much. Just squirt it into your hands and work it through.
-also don't scrunch your hair like the bottle says to. the first time I did, and ended up with frizz city all day! Awful! Just gently work it through your hair and you should be fine.
-Before I tried OMVS, I had used duck clips to dry my hair up on my head for extra volume. I tried not using them with the OMVS to see if it would work as well w/o them, but it didn't. Definitely even with the OMVS it helps to use duckclips.
-how much you get for the price. I found a coupon online, so all told w/ shipping it was $19.55, which in my mind is quite pricey for 4oz, even for an environmentally and socially ethical small bizz.

Overall I'd probably give it 4 out of 5 stars. It was a good buy; when I run out I'll definitely buy it again now that I know how to use it and how much of it to use, I just wish that it were cheaper.
-->3a/some 2c underneath; long, fine (porosity?); plop, no heat, CG since 07/11<--
Day 1: NoPoo, One Condition, KCKT, Mop Lift, Recoil, AnGel
Day 2: Mister Right
Day 3: Mister Right/KC Gloss Pomade for the frizzies
Days 4/5/6: repeat Days 1/2/3
Day 7: LowPoo, Suave ES

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file