How to cope with hair that is thinner from surgery

DolphinDolphin Posts: 329Registered Users
I had surgery a few months ago and some of my hair has fallen out, resulting in thinner hair. I have 2c fine hair; I'm waiting for my thickness to return (I already have some short hairs replacing the hair that shed) but it will take awhile to get it back to the length it was; so how do I deal with my hair while waiting for it to grow? The rest of my hair is about shoulder length.
Some 2b in the back, mostly (using FIA) 2c/F/iii.

Fine hair, normal porosity, and normal elasticity.

I'm still new to this CG stuff, so ANY tips you could give me are appreciated. :)

I have Celiac Disease, which means I can't eat or use products with wheat in it.

Formerly known as curlygirl92 and mixofwavescurls

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Maybe massage your scalp with essential oils beneficial for health and growth?

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• pharaohpharaoh Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm sorry for your loss of hair after surgery but am happy that you realize the cause. So many get so scared and go to things like rogaine right away that can realllllllly cause problems.

are you taking good hair supplements? I really take biotin (i have a sublingual and go up to 7mgs sometimes), good b complex with about 50 mgs of all your good bs, e complex, vitamin d, and vitamin c. do a google search and see how these supplements can help.

A good trim sooner than later always helps too. Hang in there!:happy5:
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Oh I've been there, a couple times actually. All I can say is to take care of your hair and scalp now so that the new growth will come in healthy and strong. Unfortunately its just a waiting game, but it WILL come back :glasses8:
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Family members have been there, even pets. Eat a nutritious diet, drink plenty of water, do the scalp massage and take really gentle care of your hair. If a trim helps you feel that the shorter hairs are catching up, then go for it.
    Your pretty spirals will come back and fill in. Hurry up and wait!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file