Are there alternatives to KCCC?

I've been using KCCC for over a month now, and although I like the results, I feel too "producty" when I use it. Just for a change, today I used CJGC and CG Strengthening Conditioner, followed by their Smoothing leave in, CJ Curl Fuel, then CJCQG, and that was it. I scrunched it with CJ Coffee Cocoa Curl Creme. My scalp and hair both feel better than they ever did on my KCCC routine.

Are there any other non KCCC gels/sprays/products out there that you gals rely on that are do not leave hair feeling so "producty"?
Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
CG since June 2011 and loving it so far.
Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!

Comments

• MountaincurlMountaincurl Posts: 571Registered Users
    Two products I've tried recently and loved that are like KCCC are Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic and CJ Aloe fix lite. The UFD gives me great curl without the producty feel. The AFL doesn't have quite as much hold as KCCC but if I pair it with a protein-rich leave in I get enough hold and definition that lasts all day.
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016
  • kellysmumkellysmum Posts: 167Registered Users
    Can you recommend a protein-rich leave in?
    Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
    Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
    Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!
    I use CJ Curl fix. But if you have coarse hair you may want to skip it.
    I have fine hair, not coarse, so I'll try it. Thanks!!
    Oh, ok. It says in your signature that you have coarse hair.
    Yeah, I need to change that. My stylist and I concur that I have fine hair, just lots of it. If you hold a strand of it up to the light you can't even see it. So I would call that fine hair :) I wish it was coarse. I think it would be easier to manage.
    oh, ok :) Yeah, Curl fix is my life saver. I don't know how I ever got on without it.
    I just ordered the Curl Fix. Just to be sure, you're not talking about the CJ Deep Fix, right? You mean the regular Curl Fix?
    I mean the Curl Fix Intense Conditioner.
    Yes, I mean this:

Curl Junkie Curl Fix Intense Hair Treatment - NaturallyCurly.com's CurlMart

It's supposed to be used as a protein treatment or a leave-in/styler, and I use it as a leave-in under my gel/jelly products.
    Yep, I ordered the right stuff. Thanks for the tip.
    No problem! I hope you like it.
  • MalxMalx Posts: 72Registered Users
    I really love uncle funky's daughters curly magic.... It has a lighter/softer hold than kccc, doesn't last as long but dries faster, and u could use it with other products.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file