at home facials, how often?

luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
i've been doing a combination of the muac lactic acid peels and the olay microdermabasion. it's dramatically helped with my dark marks and acne scars. i also use tazorac at night and obagi clear on just the spots. my question is, how often can you do lactic acid peels etc. i'm putting these peels on and taking them off almost immediately. the exfoliation effects are great but of course i don't want to overdo it!
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    From my experience, depending on the strength of the lactic acid, you should be able to do them weekly or bi-weekly depending on how your skin reacts. I personally prefer glycolic acid peels...I do 40%GA peel every other week.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Registered Users Posts: 178
    What products do you use?
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
    Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
    Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
    Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    From my experience, depending on the strength of the lactic acid, you should be able to do them weekly or bi-weekly depending on how your skin reacts. I personally prefer glycolic acid peels...I do 40%GA peel every other week.

my lactic acid is 55%. i need to be more diligent about using the glycolic serum i have which stays on the skin. it seems lactic acid peels work best for me when i do a peel but i do think the gylcolic is good for daily use but i don't always remember.

What products do you use?

a variety of stuff. i use mario badescu cleansers. the acne cleanser, the glycolic cleanser, the enzyme cleanser. my mother just let me same the philosophy purity one step cleanser after a friend raved about it.

i have two different daily type scrubs that i use. one is called the acnedote by alba. it's similar to the st. ives but not as harsh. can be used on face or body. 2% salicylic acid.

i use witch hazel as toner. i have 5% salicylic acid, glycolic acid and a vitamin c serum that i can use for daily use after toner. i use aveeno sunscreen and moisturizer.

for the at home peels / microdermabrasion like i mentioned above i use the muac lactic acid peels (55%) and the olay microdermabasion kit.

i have a clarisonic. i don't use all this stuff daily at all. i'm mainly trying to see how often i can use the peels / microdermabrasion. what seems to be working is using the peel and pretty much wiping it right off in the shower. it's much more effective than a chemical exfoliant.
    Thank you! When I asked my esthetician about getting OTC acid peels, she said they weren't available. I found some but was scared to try. I used Mario Badescu back in the day, so I will try.
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    And I'll try the muac as well.
    3c/4a, low porosity
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you! When I asked my esthetician about getting OTC acid peels, she said they weren't available. I found some but was scared to try. I used Mario Badescu back in the day, so I will try.
    I'm sure you trust your esthetician, but maybe she said that to keep you coming back to her for that service, which she likely charges labor+product cost to do for you. If you do it at home on your own, she loses your money on that service.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte

look at makeup artists choice. they were just doing a sale. they have EXCELLENT salon quality peels, lots of before and after pics. my skin has really turned around with their products.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file