Leaving for London-Need Help! Please!

christeeneechristeenee Posts: 90Registered Users
Hello All!

Well my sister will be in London for 5 months and is leaving in 5 days. As I was helping her pack, we both decided that it may be a better space and weight saver for her to purchase toiletries and such when she actually is there versus bringing it along.

We were trying to do some research and are finding it difficult to find the U.S. products in Europe so I thought some of you may help.

Maybe you can recommend european substitutes as a start to the products she uses?

She's pretty simple.
Hair: Suave Naturals Conditioners
Giovanni Triple Treat Shampoo
Herbal Essences Gel-Set Me Up
Giovanni's strong hold gel
Body: Aveeno lotions
Cerave cream for her eczema

She has 3b and some 3c curls, medium texture and I would have to say normal porosity if that needs to be considered.

Any help would be SO helpful!

Also, we noticed on the boots website that a bottle of Aveeno lotion runs for double the price here-aka about 15 converted U.S. dollars. Should she be expecting to pay a lot for beauty products?
3b/3c Hair
High Elasticity
Medium Texture
Porosity- ?Unsure

Comments

• 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
    Boots is great for things like that in the uk, it's kind of like a huge drugstore. Other places like this include:
    - Boots express stores
    - Superdrug
    - Bodycare
    She could also look in supermarkets/superstores such as Asda (I think that's our version of Walmart) Sainsburies and maybe Tesco
    I have seen Aveeno products around in boots but sadly they are more expensive over here however there is LOADs of alternative choices in Boots alone so I suggest she takes her time to look around... CG products I like from these places are:
    - Inecto coconut condish to co wash
    - Asda or Sainsburies own brand condish to co wash
    -L'oreal Elvive Nutri Gloss or Full restore condish (in the tubs not bottles) as a RO, LI or DT
    - Naked products in boots have great low poos and condish's most are CG I like
    - Umberto Gianni scrunching gelly
    - Garnier camouflage gel
    - L'oreal indestructible gel
    - Pink boots curl creme
    .....that's all I can think of at the mo I will add anything else that springs to mind :) HTH
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:
  • 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
    I just thought....if she really wants American products eg tryin out new curl junkie etc why she is here try www.britishcurlies.com, the curly emporium is the best for American products!
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:
  • christeeneechristeenee Posts: 90Registered Users
    Awesome!! This is really helpful!! thanks so much!! =]
    3b/3c Hair
    High Elasticity
    Medium Texture
    Porosity- ?Unsure