diffuser or air dry

hi all curlies i m new to cg & my hair looks puffy frizzy , dry also some sections refuse to curl no matter what i did (years of flat ironning ) ,my question is if my hair wil be more defined and curlier if i used a diffuser or its just for the volume coz i have enaugh volume that my hair looks like a fat pyramid also the drying doesnt bother me soooo help before i spend money

Comments

• teddygraham22teddygraham22 Posts: 44Registered Users
    Diffusing can help with encouraging heat damaged ends to curl. If you don't want more volume just diffuse the ends only by scruching them up into the diffuser bowl just enough to get the ends to set into more of a curl then air dry the rest of your hair. I had to do this until I cut the last of my straight heat damaged ends off.
  • EmbreEmbre Posts: 58Registered Users
    For me diffusing is a must, my hair is just too fine to overcome the weight of water and products to curl up to its full potential without help. I use the "pixie curl" (I think that is what they named it) method that can be found in here somewhere. I also have a lovely "ring" of hair around my head that has very little curl to it, and requires more coaxing (often times pin-curls in spots). I was flat ironing for decades myself but I can't really say if the diffusing helped encourage curling of the damaged ends in particular, since it encourages my curls regardless of their condition.

Hope this helps some, in the end I guess it can't hurt to try and see.
    Shannon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since Oct 2010
    3a, fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Most frequently used cleansing/conditioning products:
    • BioInfusion Cond. Balm
    • Shea Moisture Restorative Cond.
    • V05 Cond.(moisture milks)
    Most frequently used styling products:
    • Shea Moisture Curl Enhansing Smoothy
    • Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
    • Shea Moisture Curling Souflee
    • Curl Keeper
    • Design Essentials Naturals Moisturizing Lotion
    • AG:Recoil
    • CJ CCCL
    HG: None as of yet :-(
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Yep the diffuser is a MUST styling aide for my 2c/3a hair!
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Posts: 340Registered Users
    Diffusers aren't THAT bad, I think as long as you dry your hair on the lowest temperature setting your hair should be fine ^.^ and also don't dry it the whole way
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
  • mariomamarioma Posts: 12Registered Users
    thnx curlies for ur help i baught conair diffuser from sallys , i ll post the results when i try it ,hope it works
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have to use a diffuser or I have curls with no volume. I am not a fan of flat hair on me. I think the key to improving your hair is time & care. The damaged hair will have to grow out but it can be replaced with healthy hair. I diffuse everytime I do my hair and it isn't damaged. I don't use sulfates or silicones and use more natural products. My hair has gotten curlier since I found this forum. It is healthier & I now know what products work best for me. Unfortunately there really isn't a quick way to figure that out. You have to invest the time & some money to find what works best. Kathymack still does samples. It is a great & inexpensive way to try a variety of things without investing in a full container b

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file