What to do?

swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
So, I am stuck in the hospital. I asked DH to bring me my co-wash and rinse out smoothie and gel. He brought everything but the co-wash and rinse out. I know he tried and his time is tight between work, school, and now taking care of the kids. So I don't want to upset him by mentioning it. But my head is itching to be washed! 4 days of fever and it's feeling pretty gross.
I wonder if I could co wash with the smoothie? Or would I be better off washing with whatever shampoo they have? I knew I should have invested in some travel bottles and made up a just in case bag.

Comments

• justajesuschickjustajesuschick Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So sorry to hear that you are in the hospital!

If the smoothie is a rinse out conditioner rather than a smoothie that is a curl cream, I would use that. Think of it this way-you are to rest and get healthy, treat your hair the same-give it a lowpoo rest and co-wash it.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you are doing!
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • IAgirlIAgirl Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So sorry to hear you are in the hospital - wishing you wellness and gettin' the heck out of there ASAP.
    If the smoothie will make your scalp feel good and your hair not too greasy, go for it. Or... use whatever shampoo they have and put some in a little cup, add a bunch of water and wash up with that. It'll be dilute, you won't get greasy and will spare the shea moisture for styling. Plus it will rinse quickly so you don't have to stay in the shower too long.
    Do take care.
    Hugs or whatever would be suitable when you feel lousy.
    Maybe Jello.
    Okay, Jello hugs!
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    Yeah, probably should leave the smoothie for rinse and LI...
  • techmomtechmom Posts: 300Registered Users
    I was just thinking I should ask how you are feeling and then I saw this post. I am sorry to hear you are hospitalized. I'll be praying for you!
    2a (nc.com), 2a/2bFii (fia), normal porosity

Cowash:TN Radiant Volume
    RO TN Moisturizing .
    Styling products:AVG, Ecostyler Crystal
    Styling Methods: Pixie-style diffusing - total fav
    Low-poo: AO Nourishing Lavender

http://designdedication.com

saved by grace, walking by faith
  • pedahehpedaheh Curl Neophyte Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Water wash, cowash with rinse out, or use diluted shampoo.
    On the up side, here is your chance to get a picture of naked hair for the naked hair thread.:tongue:
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
    Aw thanks everyone. I get to go home tomorrow if I can keep my food down today, so in the history of my hospital stays this one is fairly short!
    @Peda, my hair is naked now, but combed out too, cuz I was too sick to deal with it, so it's stick straight. But SOOOOOFT, wow, I never knew my hair could be so soft!
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    OMG Swtndspcy, I am SO sorry that you are in the hospital! :( I hope you are feeling a lot better. Get outta there soon! :) I, too, will be praying for you.

I second the diluted shampoo suggestion. It definitely won't be as moisturizing as your CO-wash! But, it will get your hair clean quickly, and it won't take too much fuss. Your SM smoothie will probably feel too gunky and gross as a CO-wash. Maybe try a little of that as a RO. :)

Again, hope you're feeling better! Best wishes and lots of hugs. :)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
    Thanks WNW!
    I am so used to hospitals that I don't really mind. LOL
    I am home now, and they really don't know what was wrong with me, just that I couldn't keep anything down for 5 days, so I was pretty dehydrated. That's why they kept me. My BP was so low they couldn't even get it until after they put the IV of saline in.
    I actually just skipped washing my hair. LOL The sink was so small, I wasn't sure I could get my head in it, and they frown on showering with IV's in.
  • rapunzel4everrapunzel4ever Posts: 557Registered Users
    Omg, I just read this thread. I am so sorry to hear you have been ill. I hope you're feeling better now. Have they checked your mineral values (don't know if this is proper English), because sometimes a lack of certain minerals can cause diminished lust for food or make you ill because you're body can't tell you that it is in need of certain nutrients. Whatever might have caused this: Take good care of yourself!

Sent from my HTC Legend using CurlTalk App
    2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
    Routine:
    Wash: Daily Fix,SMT, Kesham, Urtekram
    RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
    acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
    LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
    Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP, JCCC, BRHG
    Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
    KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list