We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Curly/straight

MCLKMCLK Posts: 11Registered Users
Ok, so my hair gets super curly after a shower. I want to straighten my hair but it is a huge hassle and takes forever. I don't want to have to straighten it every couple of days. Any ideas about how to make my hair stay straight after a shower? I have tried using gel, but not very enthusiastically since gel makes my hair crusty and sticky. So I didn't put too much on. That may be the answer, but I just wanted to know if anyone has any other ideas?
Thanks

Comments

• KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Do you mean that if you straighten your hair and then you take a shower and it gets curly again?? But you want to keep it straight after you get out of the shower? :confused:
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • MCLKMCLK Posts: 11Registered Users
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. I have naturally curly hair, I straighten it, and then take a shower, and it curls again. Any ideas on how to keep it straight after the shower? Sorry about the confusion! :)
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    I don't think you can keep it straight after you wash your hair again.. :-|
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • Ruthie11Ruthie11 Posts: 77Registered Users
    Huh? Really? Are you kidding me?
    Cowash-Tresseme Naturals
    Hair Type-3c-4a
    Leave in-Tresseme Naturals
    Gel-LA Sports Gel
    Cashmere Curls for shine

:wav:
  • curlynerd17curlynerd17 Posts: 18Registered Users
    MCLK wrote: »
    Ok, so my hair gets super curly after a shower. I want to straighten my hair but it is a huge hassle and takes forever. I don't want to have to straighten it every couple of days. Any ideas about how to make my hair stay straight after a shower? I have tried using gel, but not very enthusiastically since gel makes my hair crusty and sticky. So I didn't put too much on. That may be the answer, but I just wanted to know if anyone has any other ideas?
    Thanks

Alright, I see your problem. I used too have the same issue(now I'm cg and wear my hair natural everyday). There's this new product that you can get at sephora and it's called straight hairspray. Basically you spray it in ur hair when it's wet and just brush it a bunch and it'll stay straight. My friend who is a natural 2c/3a tried it and worked wonders on her hair. It was pretty amazing. I don't know how it will work for you but, I guess it's worth a shot. I hope that helped. Good luck :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file