Temples and edges thinning

sweetie172008sweetie172008 Registered Users Posts: 3
I've been lurking on the site for a while and silently decided to post. I've been transitioning to natural for over a year. For the past month, ive had my hair in a bun with a headband. I've tried bantu knots, flat twists, cornrows, braidouts, nothing seems to work for me.The front of my head is thin as seen in the pic. I know wearing a bun everyday is not helping, but I'm at a lost what to do. My natural hair and relaxed hair always seem to be in tangles. I don't want to BC because my shrinkage is major, plus I have a long face and wear glasses.:-?

Comments

• wantsnicecurlswantsnicecurls Registered Users Posts: 9
    Hello sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear that. I have also been experiencing great hair loss and thinning near the temples and god knows where. I think it started when I was using the L'oreal Total Repair shampoo which probably caused buildup or something. So, I started rinsing my hair with ACV after shampooing (with a milder shampoo, of course), and the hair loss decreased by about 30% or so. So ACV should work. Make sure to leave it in for about 15 mins before rinsing.
    As for covering up the thinning, I avoid combing my hair back, and opt for partings. Maybe you could try that? You could part your hair at one side and then tie it up. Have you considered bangs? They might reduce stress at the temples and cover them as well.
    Good luck, and hope you find a solution! :smile:
    Edit: Oh, and ACV seems to help with tangles as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file