CurlTalk

Itchy itchy scalp

nefenefe Posts: 33Registered Users
I'm 3 1/2 months in to transitioning and this last week I've found my scalp is so itchy!!, so much so I am scratching in my sleep.
I use mixed chicks shampoo, Tresemme moisture rich conditioner and mixed chicks leave in.
Any ideas/tips?
Sam

Comments

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    My scalp was crazy itchy at the beginning of my transition as well.Idk how well you took care of your hair before however for me when I began to transition there was a major difference in the way I took care of my hair when it was permed vs now...I mean I never did a DT or PT when I was permed (so sad I know...).

So I really believe that my scalp was just adjusting to the new healthy regimen. During that time I also began to incorporate ACV rinses biweekly which really stopped the itching almost immediately. I have a 12oz spray bottle that I fill 1/4 of the way with Braggs Organic ACV. I then fill the remainder of the way with water and shake. After I co-wash, detangle and rinse, I then spray my hair w/the acv rinse, let sit for about 15 to 20mins and rinse w/cool to cold water. Itchies gone!

HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • blaclilly77blaclilly77 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Hello Ladies! I am wearing kinky twists in my hair while being without a relaxer for 4 months. These braids are itchy when I have my scarf on at night. Do you know of anything that I can use on my scalp to help?

I tried the Sulfur 8 spray but it's not doing anything to help.
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago. I do hot oil treatments before I wash my hair and use kinky curly come clean shampoo (sulfate free). So far I haven't had dry scalp issues for 2-3 weeks
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
  • nefenefe Posts: 33Registered Users
    Thanks

I haven't done a DT yet and gonna try that shampoo maybe the other has made my scalp sensitive.
    What DT do you use?

Sam
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    nefe wrote: »
    Thanks

I haven't done a DT yet and gonna try that shampoo maybe the other has made my scalp sensitive.
    What DT do you use?

Sam

I use MoroccanOil conditioner the hydrating mask. It costs a little over $30 but it lasts a long time A little goes a long way
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
  • Aerogirl530Aerogirl530 Posts: 135Registered Users
    i never had those problems because at the beginning of my transition, i was ADDICTED to grease, then my aunt told me it would clog my pores so i stopped to achieve the most hair growth that was april, i never liked to wear straight hair unless it had grease in it, but i didnt straighten as much but last time i straighened was june 27th and i didnt have grease i only had creme oils, but i had major itch and flaking i woud just rub a little bit of creme oil into my scalp and it would stop itching ! i dont have anymore of the oil :( but it was called softsheen carson optimum oil therapy, i used the same conditioner as u, but im almost out ! it was 32 oz ! lol hope i help, i'm 10 months post
  • Aerogirl530Aerogirl530 Posts: 135Registered Users
    Hello Ladies! I am wearing kinky twists in my hair while being without a relaxer for 4 months. These braids are itchy when I have my scarf on at night. Do you know of anything that I can use on my scalp to help?

I tried the Sulfur 8 spray but it's not doing anything to help.
    rub a little bit of oil into your scalp, when my scalp itched i use tee tree oil, carrot oil, olive oil, and morrocan oil mix and put in in my scalp and rub, u shud try it hth :)