Bad hair habits

kelciecurlykelciecurly Posts: 16Registered Users
I can't help it, I love my diffuser! Been using it for years, and since I went CG I tried to stop and go totally natural. I plopped, I wet pineappled, I scrunched my little heart out. But nothing gave me as much volume or curl as diffusing.

I'm trying a modified diffuser approach lately--plop for 5 - 10 minutes, scrunch product in and diffuse until 70% dry. And I'm limiting myself to a couple times a week. Who else loves their diffuser? Any other bad-habit products/techniques you can't give up?

Oh, my other bad habit: curling iron for problem curls!

2c/3a depending on the day and mood of my hair

Normal-Fine hair texture, low elasticity, ?? posterity

Low-poo: Organix Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo
Co-wash: VO5 TT
Leave in: ^^ or Biolage Conditioning Balm
ACV rinses, and Biolage Conditioning Balm for DTs!

Product rotation: Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Lotion, HETMS Mousse and Spray Gel

Comments

• hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    I use my diffuser every other day but I only use the cold shot button so I'm hoping I'm not causing TOO much damage!!! It's the best way for me to get definition for my weak waves.
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    My hair looks limp and lifeless if don't diffuse! I have to at least do a quick once over to set the crunch.
  • jessahjessah Posts: 95Registered Users
    Wait, diffusing is bad? Oh, man... I just figured out how to make my curls more consistent. Sigh...
    Stopped fighting the pregnancy induced waves (9 year battle) and became natural 5/11
    2a/b? fine, low porosity
    co wash- say yes to carrots, strawberries and cream Vo5
    low poo- Lor'eal ever pure
    leave in- burt bees very volumizing watered down
    gel- beautiful curls wavy-curly, LA looks sport
    scrunch and pump works for me
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Jessah -- diffusing isn't necessarily bad. Some people just don't like using it too often because they are afraid of damage. Of course, airdrying is "healthier," but you can use it as much as you like!!

I like using mousse sometimes on 2nd day hair, even though some people say it's drying. ;) I guess I'm not TOO naughty! I also don't do as many DTs as I should, but I always do pre-washes with oil and use a rich LI and RO. And, I use a low poo every time I wash, which some consider "bad." ;) And I seem to keep going back to LOOB even though I feel like it's giving me hay-like hair and causing build up. I've been getting better with not using it as much, but I just love it so dang much! :)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I don't consider diffusing a bad habit. It's not as bad as blowing out straight and ironing. Brushing or touching while wet, on the other hand, I do. On rare occasions, such as I am getting ready to wash, I do brush my hair, but only after I have finger combed, and then wide toothed combed.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file