What is the ingredient in KCCC that makes it work

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,090Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I always use some KCCC - usually after CCCL or something else - Smaster's technique. I looked at the ingredients list to see what it is that makes it so different from anything else.

Do you think it is the Agave?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlypearl wrote: »
    I always use some KCCC - usually after CCCL or something else - Smaster's technique. I looked at the ingredients list to see what it is that makes it so different from anything else.

It's the formulation in general IMO. Everything in concert works, but my hair loves agave in general.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlypearl wrote: »

It's the formulation in general IMO. Everything in concert works, but my hair loves agave in general.

+ 1. There are a lot of people who wonder why they can use "xyz" ingredient in a certain product. Marsha from CJ always says that it's the formulation. Years ago, a few people on here tried to make their own KCCC. I spent a lot of money--and it was just never close. I know that Marsha weighs out her ingredients on a gram scale when she's experimenting with new products--a little of this or that can make a big difference.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file