too much?

hippiechic81hippiechic81 Registered Users Posts: 1,239
So Saturday night I started taking MSM supplements. I'm not 100% sure I want to grow my hair out too much but I'm curious of what it will look like longer now that I'm doing regular PT's. Anyhoo, I was taking biotin every day but stopped to take the MSM instead. Does anyone know if the 2 together are ok to take or if I'll just end up "getting rid" of the excess? I also take a multi vitamin every day and I know the body can only use so much. Thanks!!!!!:D
2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
- Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/

Comments

• IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte
    I actually researched this for a job I was doing a while back. Unless you have a junk-food diet or have intestinal disease or malabsorption or disease related to biotin deficency, supplemental biotin will not help your hair grow faster or thicker (or anything). So with Celiac disease - you might have a degree of malabsorption, but you don't need huge doses, just adequate ones.

But if you are a vegetarian, or even if you don't eat much meat/fish/eggs it's likely you could do with a little extra sulfur from MSM. It might be good for hair, skin, joints.

Huge doses of anything are a bad idea unless a doctor recommended it. You can throw other vitamins/minerals/hormones and such out of whack.
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    I'm definitely not a vegetarian (but I do get mistaken for one a lot lol)!! I'll probably just stick with the MSM for now since I could use the extra help in my joints due to tendonitis in my shoulder and somewhat physical jobs. We'll see what happens with my hair!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file