Sally beauty supply

SkyeswomSkyeswom Posts: 14Registered Users
I've looked on nc.com for products, & looked them up on sally's website. I can't find anything other than generic paul mitchell. Has anyone found good products at sally? 3b

Sent from my Vortex using CurlTalk App

Comments

• jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    One of the most popular and beloved Sally's finds is the GVP Conditioning Balm. It's a generic for Biolage Conditioning balm, and it's pretty awesome.

If you go to that search bar to the upper right hand side of the screen, just enter "Sally" and you should find lots of good discussions about great things to get there.

I love Sally's for all things hair, nails and makeup. If you haven't already, you should join their Beauty Club, it's only $5 per year, and you get discounted pricing and good coupons as a club member.
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    My Sally's favorites:

Ion Effective Care Treatment
    Ion Reconstructor
    Neutral Protein Filler

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,677Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I really like the gallon jug o' Salon Care Honey Almond conditioner. My other faves have been dc'd (Aura Cherry Almond Bark conditioner and Aquelle Healing conditioner).
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    I really like Biotera gel from Sally's, it's always in my rotation and gives shiny clumps and curls, the more gel the better!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    Beebop wrote: »
    I really like Biotera gel from Sally's, it's always in my rotation and gives shiny clumps and curls, the more gel the better!

+1 I forgot that one on my list!

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    +2 on the Biotera gel, I forgot that one too! The last time I purchased, I got the big liter bottle. It's so huge, it's under the sink now, and I always forget it's there!
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    So far, I've only used two products from Sally's. Ion Alcohol-free Hair Spray and Biotera Alcohol-free Mousse. I like both a lot but don't use them all the time. I would like to try the GVP Conditioning Balm at some point. :afro:
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • SheBrosSheBros Posts: 332Registered Users
    I second the GVP Conditioning Balm. The ingredients are identical to Biolage Cond Balm. I also like GVP Hair Reconstructor which is the generic to Joico K-Pak. Can't beat those prices at Sallys! I've also use Clairol's Beautiful Collection semi-permanent hair color. Tons of shine and color enhancement but not so great on lasting gray coverage.
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
  • avid_naomiavid_naomi Posts: 63Registered Users
    oh, I love Sally's! here's some of my faves:

+ion demi-perm hair color. I mix 1/2 clear 1/2 golden brown to darken and enhance my natural color (which we call crap brown in my family)
    +I also use the Ion developer, pre & post color treatments
    +Aphogee 2-step protein treatment. I do this before I color, about ever 6 weeks+ as needed.
    +Aphogee conditioner (the 2nd step) is not hydrating enough for me after the treatment, but it makes a good conditioner otherwise, and I believe it is CG
    +L'oreal feria after color conditioner (it like the ones you get in the boxed colors at the drugstore -- these are always nice, thick and make a good deep conditioner)
    +Hairtrition conditioner (I use the one for color treated hair) and the deep treatment mask are super nice! I haven't tried the shampoo yet, but I have high hopes
    +For shampoo I have been using the Ion Hard Water shampoo, because I am on well water (so CG/sulfate free just wont work for me) and it is really nice -- it is surprisingly gentle for how well it cleans
    +bioterra gel -- my fave gel, I buy the liters (they have a $7 liter sale from time to time)
    +Silk Elements has lots of good stuff, but the stand out for me is the Mega Silk leave in.
    +GVP/biolage conditioner balm is the bomb
    +GVP Kpack as well
    +Ion stuff in general is good -- I have used several shampoos, conditioners, treatments and have never had a bad experience, but I cant think of any specific ones at the moment.
    +Beyond the zone Turn up the heat is a good, CG friendly heat protectant
    +One n Only Agran Oil line is supposed to be really good. I have only tried the serum so far, but it gets rave reviews
    +the bobby pins, hands down, are the BEST EVER -
    +

can you tell I go there a lot?

they have a LOT in trial size packets or travel size bottles so you can try some things out before committing to the full size. I love sally's for that!
    3b/corkicelli, color treated, loves moisture, s-wavies on top, tight cork screws underneath and on the sides
    Product Junkie!
    Modified CG, on hard/well water

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file