CurlTalk

Diet pills!! Which ones work!

NaturalBeauty79NaturalBeauty79 Posts: 256Registered Users
Hey ladies I want to know honestly if Anyone has taken diet pills and if you All know which ones surely work thnk u;)

NaturallySade

Comments

• SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    Hey Naturally...I hate to say it, but I think you're probably going to get some pretty negative responses to this question if any. Everyone knows diet pills don't really work and are dangerous for your health. You really need to check more into a healthy diet and exercise plan. (I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's true. and safe.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    This poster just started threads about:

- taking diet pills
    - starting to try to get pregnant
    - not having money to go to the doctor

Seems a tad incongruous.

:munky2:
    dp
  • NaturalBeauty79NaturalBeauty79 Posts: 256Registered Users
    Your point being? Last I checked I'm me and you are you correct? Ok learn your place thank you.

NaturallySade
    Secondly these pills are not for me in my post did I say I'm using them for myself?? I just asked if anyone knows of good diet pills. My aunt is struggling with wait and I'm trying to help her next time question something first thank you

NaturallySade
    And spaghettihead she knows they are dangerous she is about 420 pounds and desperate me along with the rest of the family are trying different approaches she Asked me to look into things for her but thanks for your concern :) I am motivating her to get up and walk

NaturallySade
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    Okay so to my knowledge there's two kind of diet pills that work: 1) uppers 2) stuff that prevents the digestion of fat.

The uppers put a lot of strain on your heart. This is dangerous for anyone, but it's probably especially dangerous for your friend. If she weighs 420 pounds, then she must already has issues with high blood pressure etc. So taking uppers is pretty likely to seriously harm her.

The stuff that prevents the digestion of fat... Well, this means that your body doesn't absorb the fat. So wear does the fat go? Out of your butt. Constantly. Yes, major anal leakage.

Tell your friend to take a look at Daily Plate, and see what sliding-scale healthcare is available in her area.
    Yes she has high Bp and diabetes and cholesterol I believe ! I've been looking at natural weight loss pills for my aunt there is one Called v3
    it has pretty natural ingredients and one called zxt bee pollen as well. But I do know exercise I's best she just does not like going in public .

NaturallySade
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    No 'diet' pills work (the exception may be prescription only 120mg Orlistat). If diet pills, and any other quick fix worked, there would be very little obesity in the western world. Because hey take this pill and get slim.

Diet pills and 'cleanses' are in the same category, scams. They're designed to take money from the misinformed and desperate. Like I've said before, the weight didn't go on overnight so it won't come off overnight.

Supposing diet pills did work and the weight came off, what do you do then? You can't start eating properly because you've not trained yourself on portion control and calorie intake. So the weight goes back on and you ask for new diet pills because the last ones "didn't work".

Weight loss and maintenance is making lifelong changes to food, mindset and exercise. We all like a quick fix, but sadly that's not how it works.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • sirabe76sirabe76 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Well the best diet pill is a not a pill at all but the best diet drink is .........water.

It hydrates
    It detoxes
    It controls hunger
    It cleanses the colon

It's awesome!!! But you have to drink at least 8 cups of it get the full benefits.

And it cheap too
    Yes I've heard of this water ! Lol and thanks guys y'all are really helpful

NaturallySade
    I've been looking at natural weight loss pills for my aunt there is one Called v3
    it has pretty natural ingredients
    Woah, natural is not the same as healthy! Plus, those supplements are not regulated and could have anything in them. I'd stay away from diet pills altogether. It's not like they do the work for you.

As for your friend, it sounds to me like she has to find a menu that will help her keep her insulin and cholesterol under control. She really needs to focus on improving her health. Lowering her body-fat would definitely contribute to that goal. But just trying to make the number on the scale go down, through any means necessary, will not help her.

Is there any way that she can talk to a registered dietician? I think 2 or 3 meetings would help her figure out how to safely achieve some reasonable goals.
    Thanks and yes she is starting a nutrition group over in her area so that she can get her self together . I will speak with her about diet pills though. I think she feels as tho she needs a quick fix and is willing to try anything fast. Which you are right is not safe

NaturallySade
    Well, NaturallySade, you might have mentioned that it was for someone else in your initial post. Unless you were trying to be deliberately provocative or something?
    Your point being? Last I checked I'm me and you are you correct? Ok learn your place thank you.

No thanks.

Glad to hear I'm not you and all that, though.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    lol @ w~h

Have her just start walking every day and then increase the time on that.
    You will be amazed at the results.
    As the weight comes off so does the other issues.
    How is the diet w/ your friend?
    major anal leakage.
    blink.gif
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    lol @ w~h

major anal leakage.
    blink.gif

If you ever take Orlistat, don't sneeze.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    curlylaura wrote: »
    lol @ w~h

major anal leakage.
    blink.gif

If you ever take Orlistat, don't sneeze.

AAAaacchhHOOOoooopppppsss!
    :evil4:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, you (the OP) mentioned that she's embarrassed to exercise in public. But she can walk around without letting anyone know that she's exercising.
  • HudsonHudson Posts: 4Registered Users
    I appreciate these tips because most of the members suggest you go for the natural way for the weight loss, because of no side effect on the human health. I always prefer natural way for the weight loss.
  • FabledBeautyFabledBeauty Posts: 145Registered Users
    A good pill ( that shouldnt be used forever mind you) is phentermine.. my moms roomie is morbidly obesse and its an appetite suppressant but you have to go to a health dr to get it...its not that hydroxycut crap.. but it does work.. wonders might I add.. take them with b12 shots and your aunt can loose 30 lbs a month as long as she can commit to at least trying to eat healthy but the pills curb your hunger so much you have to remember to eat... hope this helps

I know alot of people harp on natural.. but my mom was big too she got the gastric byass .. but sometimes people need a good jump start and to know that they CAN do it.. and seeing some real results can be what people need to stay motivated..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Getting there slowly but surely!

Natural Since the Beginning of January 2011!:headbang:
    Current: Full Collar Bone
    Texture: 3B/C & 4A
    Goal: APL by New Years 2013 :afro:

See my Natural Journey on Fotki: www.fotki.com/fabledbeauty

Current Favs<3 Taaliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream, Vegetable Glycerin and Pure Argan Oil!!!
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    I agree diet and exercise are the best but its not an option for everybody and sometimes people need a little help. I take phentermine, I have hypothyroidism and insulin resistance along with hereditary bad knees. I have been trying for nearly 3 years now to loose the extra weight that I gained before getting tje thyroid and insulin issues undercontrol. I exercised and ate right but still had no luck to speak of, and not just exercising occasionally or a little walking I joined a bootcamp thru my school that was 8 weeks long, 3 days a week very intense and didnt eat over 1300 calories a day. Most people in the group lost 20-50 pounds, I lost a whole whopping 5. I started taking phentermine a month ago, a less then 1200 calorie diet, and walking 2 or 3 times a week and have lost 20 lbs so far. So before bashing on ppl for atleast wanting to try and change even if it might mean using something for help, look at all the possibilities. My doc put it best, yes before the meds i could have lost weight but It was like a goldfish swimming agianst the strongest current in the world. And now the cutrent Is behind me helping me get along
  • FabledBeautyFabledBeauty Posts: 145Registered Users
    I think that your success is wonderful.. keep up the good work..most of the time people harp because of ignorance and a lack of experience of the "dark side of weight loss"...different strokes for different folks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Getting there slowly but surely!

Natural Since the Beginning of January 2011!:headbang:
    Current: Full Collar Bone
    Texture: 3B/C & 4A
    Goal: APL by New Years 2013 :afro:

See my Natural Journey on Fotki: www.fotki.com/fabledbeauty

Current Favs<3 Taaliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream, Vegetable Glycerin and Pure Argan Oil!!!
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    Thank you! Exactly many people don't understand how hard it can be for some people

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    Exactly thanks ladies
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    I don't think anyone here is bashing those that need extra help loosing weight... But generally speaking appetite suppression pills and such don't work long term...and this is coming from someone who has tried a lot of them over the course of the years and just had gastric bypass surgery for weightloss.

I've done medically supervised weightloss with b12 shots and pills and each time lost 50-75 pounds only to gain it back and then some. I have a diagnosed metabolic condition and my resting caloric rate is in the bottom 1%. The thing with the diet pills (and medically supervised weightloss clinics in general) is that they don't address the metabolic conditions that make it harder for some people to loose weight. When I was taking Phentermine...I literally would not get hungry and could go days with just drinking water...basically starving myself. As soon as I started eating again...even with a doctor approved a lowfat reduced calorie diet...the weight returned with a vengeance. Not only did it return, but the up and down and the starving myself made my already low resting caloric metabolism even worse.

During my own weightloss issues, I've learned that most doctors don't know squat about nutrition aside from what they learned in the one class they are required to take. Metabolic issues are even more obscure to most doctors. Many of them (including even speciality diet clinic doctors) operate on the calories in-calories out=weightloss school of thought and for many people...that just doesn't work.

I wrote all that to say...I understand the need for taking the diet pills...but be careful because if the other issues associated with weight gain are not addressed (metabolic, emotional over eating, etc) are not addressed, that stuff can cause way more harm than good.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter