Name and Zip code now showing in profile

SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
I clicked on the link where it says you have a "like" notification, it took me to my profile. I noticed that information that never used to show is now showing up like your name and zip code. I know I only entered my name and zip code when I wanted to enter into the curly sweepstakes and certainly don't want that displayed on my profile. I've since taken out my name but a zip code is required so I just changed it to a non-zipcode number, is there going to be an option to make it private?

Thanks!
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.

Comments

• perfectlyimperfect_curlsperfectlyimperfect_curls Posts: 50Registered Users
    thats really weird especially since in FAQ it even says not to share that type of information on the boards. i wonder if its a glitch? not a good one though
    :toothy9:~Im phenomenal in my imperfections~:toothy9:
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Same here, plus my birth date is showing. I have tried to change my settings BACK to Hide it and nothing has changed. This needs to be fixed immediately. Also, the settings have been changed to let Everyone see certain information which I most definitely did not select.

Why can't I change my OWN information to at least work around this breach of my privacy?
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    sagehen wrote: »
    Same here, plus my birth date is showing. I have tried to change my settings BACK to Hide it and nothing has changed. This needs to be fixed immediately. Also, the settings have been changed to let Everyone see certain information which I most definitely did not select.

Why can't I change my OWN information to at least work around this breach of my privacy?

I had trouble with that too, it took multiple tries and 2 different browsers to change it. At first, I was using Firefox and couldn't make the change, I then used IE, had to change the privacy settings in IE, and only then was I finally able to change my info.

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Also, for anyone who doesn't know how to change their info:

Go to your user CP (menu bar right under the Welcome & PM box), then on the left hand menu select edit your details, then click on edit email & password, from there you will be able to change your zipcode/name.

• coco_bunnycoco_bunny Posts: 216Registered Users
    I would like to know this too. I saw this today and I was really concerned. I thought maybe it was something that I was always here but I just miss it. Hopefully they will address this soon so I can change it.

Thanks for the post OP :thumbleft:
    BC ~ August 2010 ~ GOAL ~ hip/tail bone length :love4:
    Current Length: 12 inches
    TWO YEARS NATURAL! :occasion1:
    3b/3c VERY naturally porous hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    This is something new -- thanks for putting this up here! I will check with Gretchen about changing it.
  • curly kikicurly kiki Posts: 42Registered Users
    Wow thanks for posting this. I expect thins kinda of thing from FB, but not here. -1 trust
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    We're working on it right now! So very sorry, all. :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Real names and ZIP codes are no longer displaying in profiles.

Thanks, all!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file