CurlTalk

New Like/Share Links in Posts

3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
When did those links appear? And what purpose do they serve? I let my mouse hover one of them ("Share") and it popped up with share this comment. If someone clicks on that link they can share my comments anywhere?
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase

Comments

• RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 890Registered Users
    The "share" thing is what I don't like. "What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas" - my posts shouldn't be allowed to be shared over the internet at someone else's whim, IMO. I'd like that option to just GO AWAY.

LIKING a post is another thing completely. I actually think that's a useful option. Instead of having to create a post that just says " + one" which I've done before, clicking the "like" button will allow you to agree with that person without having to create a new post saying so.
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    RacerWife7 wrote: »
    The "share" thing is what I don't like. "What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas" - my posts shouldn't be allowed to be shared over the internet at someone else's whim, IMO. I'd like that option to just GO AWAY.

I agree!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,475Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We've had social media sharing buttons there for a long time, actually! :) We just changed the design of them to make them text links sted icons.

I can understand the concerns about the share, and I will take your concerns to the team asap.

The "like" thing is cool, isn't it? :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,760Registered Users
    Is it possible to change the privacy settings for the "share" thing?
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,475Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Maria, we're looking into options right now. :)

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    maria_i wrote: »
    Is it possible to change the privacy settings for the "share" thing?

YES, please!!! I would like the option to opt out of the "share" option. It's kinda creepy.

The "like" thing is okay. No objection to it, but I'm not convinced of its value on the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I no longer see the share button so maybe it's been removed. I don't worry much about online things. I have loads of pics, I do loads of shopping, I use credit cards, etc online. But I wasn't all that keen on the sharing business.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    Yes, we removed the share thing.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone.

Hope you like the "like" button!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    Im getting notifications when someone likes a post, however when you click on the notification it takes you to your profile. It doesnt let you know what post was liked.

Is that normal?
    That's how it seems to be working for everyone at this point. Not real useful, but that could change.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    Will someone please forward me one of the "like" notifications? Is it an email or a PM?

My email is gretchen@naturallycurly.com

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I've never had a notification sent via email or otherwise. I only see it at the upper right of my page where it lists my name, when I last visited, and then notifications.
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    ^ yeah, but then when you click on the thing that says someone liked your post it takes you back to your profile page.
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
    The "share" is back.:sad:
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was back for a while, but now it's gone again. I'm not sure what they're doing over there in techland.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I don't even understand the whole 'share' thing so was hoping I wouldn't accidently click on it and set the whole interwebs on fire. : )
    Ha! Nothing to worry about, Jeep.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    And back again :(
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    OH, goodness. Let me see if I can figure out what's going on.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    The "Like" if fine, the "Share" is a *big* thumbs DOWN -- As someone mentioned earlier, it's the whole "What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas" thing.

I know you said you guys are working on it, Gretchen, but just FYI, it's still showing up (or at least it is on my monitor).

Thanks for being responsive to what the forum users think. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
    Is it gone now for everyone?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Yep, gone! The embarrassing part about the share thing for me was that I only knew what one of the things were out of the 4. I am a neanderthal. : )
    Gretchen wrote: »
    Is it gone now for everyone?

Yes!
    Thank you!
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yep, gone! The embarrassing part about the share thing for me was that I only knew what one of the things were out of the 4. I am a neanderthal. : )

Me neither! I knew what Twitter was, but had never heard of the rest. I wanted to share something just to see where it took me :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    It's back!!! :eek:
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So sorry, ladies. I don't know what's happening over there in the technology world.

Looks like it's gone again, for now.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment