Girls at the gym.

BleachedCurlsBleachedCurls Registered Users Posts: 56
I have platinum blonde mid-neck length kinky/curly hair. My hair actually curls underneath my canopy, but my canopy is just really kinky. It looks like a big white curly bob. I love my hair but ever since I joined the new gym that just opened up in my town my self esteem's took a hit. I used to be about 60 pounds thinner. I gained most if not all that weight from the Depo shot. Anyways, there's some girls I went to high school with that go to the gym, & it seems like instead of working out they spend the whole time smirking & laughing at me. :sad: I know it's so high school & I shouldn't care but it's really starting to get to me. Last night I heard "Blonde fro" & I know it was about me. :( Any advice?
currently using:
5,000 MCG Biotin,
VO5 Moisture Milks
Clairol Shimmer Lights Blonde & Silver CO (once every two weeks)
LALSG

fine bleached 2a/3b hair that doesn't actually curl, it's just like an S shape that just gets tighter. sometimes some of it curls underneath though. :happy10:

Comments

• itsiliiiitsiliii Registered Users Posts: 340
    Aww don't listen to them at all! Unfortunately the only advice I can give you is to ignore them- maybe take an iPod to the gym to tune out any of their annoying chattering! That's what I do usually, there are so many girls that go to the gym for the sole reasons of looking good and to check out other people and they're annoying as heck but all you can do is ignore them and work out hard! :)

Good luck on losing the weight and keep up the good work :3
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
  • BrownEyedGirl2002BrownEyedGirl2002 Registered Users Posts: 10
    i agree with pp. take some music w/ you. i like to go out of my way to say hi to people and embaress them by beeing seen with me....but i have a sick sense of humor i guess. I'm glad you are going to the gym and working to get the weight off....after baby #2 I'm still 20 pounds over what i'd like...stay strong, they are shallow people.
    mostly 3a, texture: fine/normal porosity: normal at roots, more porous at ends due to heat styling and coloring

color treated, living in southeast...w/ high humidity...dew points 70+

new to CG; trying out tresemme naturals conditioner, GVP conditioning balm, and HETT gel, twice a month Deva No-Poo.
  • LuvinCurls80LuvinCurls80 Registered Users Posts: 28
    I know where your coming from. When I first started going to the gym I was 100lbs heavier than I am now and I would get smirks and nasty comments about how I looked. To be honest, all that pushed me even more to work harder and reach my goals. In regards to you golden locks, they're beautiful. Enjoy your workout and stay focused on what your working on, take some music, magazines, whatever works for you, but from experience a smile back and a confident walk will always keep the "mean girls" away.
  • Tati-AnaTati-Ana Registered Users Posts: 133
    Stay calm and chase your pavement. Truth be told, your hair is beautiful and I would love to have something like this. do you always workout alone? does your gym offer some kind of classes to work out in a group with a trainer? just a way to avoid any contact with those persons.
    "Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get" George Bernard Shaw
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    I just wanted to add my support, and to tell you , as a woman getting back into fitness herself, that the best way to silence these women is to make the most of your time at the gym and let them see you improve in strength, tone and self-esteem. They are wasting time where they could be doing the same by sitting around gawking at you. Don't let them take away your pursuit of health.

I agree with the suggestion to take an MP3 player or Walkman (dating myself) with you to help tune them out and concentrate on your workout.

Do you, get better and stronger, and leave them to their shade.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • curlylauracurlylaura Registered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
    I agree with everyone above. Ignore them, easier said than done but if they're spending so much time discussing you and your hair they are
    a) probably envious of you having the confidence to wear your hair how you want
    b) are not working hard enough at the gym, therefore wasting time and money
    c) are just plain jerks and are not worth your time and consideration.

:)
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • curly kikicurly kiki Registered Users Posts: 42
    They must be really bored with their lives. Do this for yourself! Be proud of the lovely and ever evolving person that you are 
  • littlemonster8littlemonster8 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Girl, my GOAL is to have hair like yours. I'm lightening it bit by bit until it's very light blonde (and my canopy is kinkier than my curls underneath too).
    It seems like they don't even know how to insult someone properly either. I actually think fros look chic on women of any ethnicity with any hair colour.
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    I feel sorry for anyone who feels they need to knock other people down to feel good about themselves. Sounds like they have low self-esteem and are stuck in time.
  • SusieSuzeSusieSuze Registered Users Posts: 524
    You girls rock.. such great comments!

I agree with everyone here. The only thing I can stress is to focus on YOU! When you go to the gym you need to think about the workout, be really in the moment and think about what the movements do for your body.. really get into yourself and your movement and your focus of what you are doing for YOU.

Being distracted by others at the gym is pretty easy if you're not super focused on your work out.

Instead of thinking "ignore them and what they say about me", Think: "I am going to do this lift perfectly! I am going to move my body in exactly the right way to get the most effective work out. I am pushing myself exactly right, hard enough to really work my muscles but not so hard that I will hurt myself. "

You get the drift. Positive affirmations about your work out while you are doing it.. visualize the muscles in your body working and getting stronger. See in your mind the breakdown of fat into energy to fuel your strong muscles! FOCUS on YOU..

No one else matters!!!
    (ok, family friends matter, but you know what I mean!)
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Registered Users Posts: 1,731 Curl Neophyte
    So sorry, but at least you can be glad you are not one of them. Who is so insecure they need to go to the gym in a gang and make fun of other people? That is pretty sad. I'm sure if it wasn't your hair it would be the weight or they'd just be making fun of someone else.

Good on you for working out!
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • blissdropsblissdrops Banned Banned Users Posts: 216
    I have platinum blonde mid-neck length kinky/curly hair. My hair actually curls underneath my canopy, but my canopy is just really kinky. It looks like a big white curly bob. I love my hair but ever since I joined the new gym that just opened up in my town my self esteem's took a hit. I used to be about 60 pounds thinner. I gained most if not all that weight from the Depo shot. Anyways, there's some girls I went to high school with that go to the gym, & it seems like instead of working out they spend the whole time smirking & laughing at me. :sad: I know it's so high school & I shouldn't care but it's really starting to get to me. Last night I heard "Blonde fro" & I know it was about me. :( Any advice?

You're probably cute. I can't imagine grown women spending that much time thinking and talking about another woman unless they're jealous or threatened. Those are not happy women trust me. Just ignore them and don't allow them to effect how you act or what you do. If you start to feel bad just let the feeling pass and concentrate on your workouts. They just want to make you feel as miserable as they feel. Don't let them do that to you.

Keep going to the gym and get your workout on girl.
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Registered Users Posts: 287
    Don't listen to them. They really should be focused on their work out rather than how you look or what you're doing. Smh. Girls can be the cruelest people on the planet. Especially when you're young. :/
  • MidisurfMidisurf Registered Users Posts: 88
    Gah catty girls, come to my gymn us guys will make you feel welcome! ;)
    - Nate

Co-wash - Boots / Tresemme Naturals
    Condition - Bodyshop Rainforest / Tresemme Naturals
    Style - Holland and Barrett Aloe Vera gel / Garnier Fructis Camouflage gel
  • forbeeforbee Registered Users Posts: 441
    I agree with itsiliii and BrownEyedGirl; take some music and drown them out. They are probably insecure if they have nothing better to do than to comment on someone else's appearance.

And your hair is cute in that pic. :happy3:
    last relaxer 08/08/09
    all natural since 7/30/10

Shrinkage happens.
  • TripleThreatXoXTripleThreatXoX Registered Users Posts: 35
    well idk what your personality is like but. mine is pretty agressive when i get pissed off. i would curse them out to their face and what not..... but i wouldnt reccomend that. lol again... im a bit aggressive hehe:boxing:
    ~Imma Rock n Roll chick, baby. And I'm not afraid to say so~ :)
    3a/3b curls
    Co Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    Conditioner: ..... still on the lookout for a great one
    Stylers: KC Knot Today, AG recoil (sometimes), & LA looks Sport gel.

... yea, I sing, dance, act, run track, play field hockey, photograph, ......and what not... I am a busy bee<3

XOXO - Claire :love5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file