Too much shopping at Ulta!

csjcsj Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Since I am off in the summer I have been PJ-ing

Garnier Wonder Waves spray - not bad but zero definition. Ended up looking like my straight haired friends who try scrunching - fluffy with skinny bits.

Loreal Melting gel - love the feel of it in my hands. Spreads easily. Gave me very touchable hair with sine, but my hair was a lot less wavy. Might be better if I had thicker hair.

Biolage Curl Defining Elixir - couldnt get the Gelee so I tried this. Has a similar feel and result as the Loreal. I think I need the gelee for more hold. It really reactivates if you wet it as does the Loreal (I think it is the guar in them)

Aveeno Nourish and Style Creme Gel - I had hopes that this would be my "one product" for my hair. Alas, I think my hair is too fine. It gave me soft touchable waves but much looser than normal.

Suave Captivating Curls Mousse - way different from any other mousse I have tried. It is so creamy like a conditioner. Again too heavy for my hair but seems to be a great product.

Suave Black Raspberry and Tea Leave-in and Garnier Silky Secret Daily Leave-in -both nice but with the silicones I end up with hair that is too silky and falls flat and straight!
~Chiara~
Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush

Comments

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Is it bad that I know the most expensive thing you bought was the biolage? Hehe!! You didn't do too badly!! I usually go for the pricier stuff in there, the joico and redken and the nail stuff! OPI!!

That garnier silky secret sounds divine! I've been doing alright with cones lately.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • csjcsj Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I usually don't use drugstore lines, but really the ingredients are so similar in gels I thought I would try them out & not be a product snob ;)

Both leave ins seem very nice, light but conditioning. Suave's has amidimethicone. Garnier has PEG dimethicone.
    ~Chiara~
    Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
  • McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users
    csj wrote: »
    I usually don't use drugstore lines, but really the ingredients are so similar in gels I thought I would try them out & not be a product snob ;)

Both leave ins seem very nice, light but conditioning. Suave's has amidimethicone. Garnier has PEG dimethicone.

have you tried garier fructis pure clea gel silicone free and ive heard it doesnt weight hair down good luck :)
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • bbb123bbb123 Posts: 18Registered Users
    I use the garneir pure clean gel! I love it works amazing it doesn't weigh it down at all but it totally helps me form and keep my curls
  • jy11jy11 Posts: 19Registered Users
    I'm trust ,It totally helps me form and keep my curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file