We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Sodium Laureth Sulfate!!

Hi all! I am following the CG method for about 2 years now and have been using Back to Basics Curl Activating Gel for about 6 months and it works phenomenally! It was just btought to my attention that way down on the ingredients list it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate! Is this bad for your hair? If so, in what ways? My hair is so dry to begin with and this stuff works great for me! TIA!
3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!

Comments

• SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    If you're doing CG then it is bad because its a sulfate and sulfates are drying. But, it is the least harsh sulfate.

However, if you think this is working and you love your results then keep doing what you're doing. just make sure you indulge your curls in moisture at other times. Good luck :D
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    Yes, it has been working fine!

I will stick with my HG and keep on moisturizing. Thanks for your helpful reply!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    If it's really low on the ingredients list, there probably isn't enough in there to be a problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file