Good Chicago Stylist?

Popnfrsh24Popnfrsh24 Posts: 14Registered Users
Hey everybody,

So I have been a member for a while, but I haven't been here in a while since I have buzzed my hair for the past year and a half (I'm a male). But recently, I decided to grow out my fro again because I was tired of the short hair look. However, one of the reasons I kept my hair short was that when my hair got to a certain length, it looked really uneven and weird, and NO hairstylist ever knew what to do.

I'm sure this is because I always just went to cheap-o hair places and not a real salon stylist. I went to a stylist once back when my sister worked at a salon, and I really liked the way the guy cut my hair. Unfortunately, I moved to Chicago so I am nowhere near this hair stylist. So, would anybody know of a good stylist that would be good with mens curly hair in the Chicago area? I wasn't sure if it was much different since women usually have longer curly hair if it would be easier/harder on a guy. I live on the North side of Chicago so anything on the north side or the northern suburbs would be great.

I would attach a picture of myself but I don't really know how to do it because of the file size limit.

Thanks,

Pop

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Hello!

Here are some expert curl stylists in Chicago. Maybe you can find someone in this list who can help you.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curly kikicurly kiki Posts: 42Registered Users
    Yes! Michele @ Artista in Chicago (sauganash neighborhood). It is a tiny non frills neighborhood salon, but I have never met anyone else who could handle my curls - both cut and color. Maybe the secret is that he is also a curly! While he does not dry cut, he just understands curl pattern like no one else that I have ever seen!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file