Eyeshape?

zoesaysnozoesaysno Registered Users Posts: 15
I'm not sure how to wear eyeliner or eyeshadow to flatter me. Sometimes it looks heavy. I don't wear dark eyeshadows because I'm scared lol I think my eyes are slightly hooded with little lid space. I've looked up youtube videos but most of these people have large lid spaces and whatnot.

No makeup:
20149_271106948518_571853518_3342331_2702764_n.jpg

230737_10150158905333519_571853518_6671443_457437_n.jpg

my crease disappears if eyeliner is thick and I don't know if that's an okay look lol some help or pictures. i don't know who has similar eyes. it would be so much easier to see visuals and copy!

Comments

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955
    It looks like your using liquid on the top and pencil on the bottom (please correct me if I'm wrong). Have you tried doing liquid on the top and bottom? I use the mabeline liquid liner and I LOVE the liquid pen/pencil (whatever you wanna call it) bc I can accurately control how little I do or don't want on each lid.

My eyes are sorta shaped like yours and it has been working well for them thus far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • zoesaysnozoesaysno Registered Users Posts: 15
    I actually don't use pencil or line the bottom at all, it just smudges and comes off what a messsss. My gel liner likes to creep on the bottom sometimes. OILY LIDS woo

i am pretty sure I have used that liner before but it probably got flakey on me. such a tiny brush though!

is it okay to line top & bottom because i think i have small eyes lol
    zoesaysno wrote: »
    I actually don't use pencil or line the bottom at all, it just smudges and comes off what a messsss. My gel liner likes to creep on the bottom sometimes. OILY LIDS woo

i am pretty sure I have used that liner before but it probably got flakey on me. such a tiny brush though!

is it okay to line top & bottom because i think i have small eyes lol

Lol. My eyes 'appear' small too sometimes bc they don't open very wide. People used to call me 'cat eyes' or 'china' bc of it.

Yes the bush is kinda small but once I got used to it, it was fine. I line both bc IMO it looks more 'put together'. I just don't get the point of lining one w/out doing the other & w/both done it draws attention directly to my eyes which I prefer to be my focal point since I really don't use anything else on my face except maybe some gloss and chapstick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Zoe, I think your eyes are beautiful and I'll bet many people think so. Also, I believe Phoenix is an expert with makeup. You might try sending her a pm to alert her to your post.

Good luck!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Zoe, I think your eyes are beautiful and I'll bet many people think so. Also, I believe Phoenix is an expert with makeup. You might try sending her a pm to alert her to your post.

Good luck!

ITA w/that. From what I have seen of her makeup skills she is fab!

event.png

event.png
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    ITA that Phoenix is the expert.
    I have hooded eyes and oily lids. My eyes don't have a nice round shape like yours. IDK if that would make a difference or not, but here is what I do. Hopefully this will make sense.
    I take and automatic pencil liner and line at the root of the lashes. I keep the pencil in front of the eye lashes. If the eye lid is one edge and the part from the lashes to the eyeball is another edge, you want to aim for the corner where they meet. I line from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner this way. Then I take gel liner and line (like normal) the outer 1/3 to 1/2 of the eye. This way I can use eyeliner, but you can see lids and not just liner. You can do whatever you want on the bottom.
    I also have oily lids and a primer helps a lot. The one I use is discontinued. Two I hear mentioned over and over are urban decay primer potion and two faced shadow insurance. If you want to go the drugstore route, try loreal decrease or the ELF one. I haven't tried any of these.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Registered Users Posts: 1,637 Curl Neophyte
    I think your eyes are gorgeous, and have a great shape to them. I have a smaller lid space, too, and can't wear a thick eyeliner line. I recommend two things:

1) Either take a black waterproof pencil and just line within the top lashes, creating the illusion of really thick lashes, which opens up the eye without taking up any lid real estate, or

2) Have the line start really thin at the inner corners, and get thicker as you reach the outer corner. I like to do a subtle winging at the corner. You can play with the angle to see what suits you.

Play with some of those youtube tutorials anyway...you might be surprised what you can learn through those and experimentation. I recommend pixiwoo, panacea81, and kandee johnson.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Registered Users Posts: 791 Curl Neophyte
    I have a similar eye shape and I find a combination of tightline-ing on the bottom and regular lining on the top is absolutely amazing for my eyes since it makes them look more cat and bigger. I'll put a thin line of black pencil or gel (I hate liquid) on the top and then tight line 1/4 of my bottom lashes.

Since you have oily lids and use a gel liner, use a primer under it. That will help keep it from slipping and sliding all over the place. Finding one you like can be difficult because it's one of those things that everyone had opinions on since it's dependent on finish, preference of cream/liquid, skin type, etc. so do LOTS of research before you buy anything.

For eyeshadow: You CAN wear dark eyeshadow and don't let anyone tell you you can't. It might be a little harder to pull off though since you're going to have to work harder to keep it from becoming over powering. Whenever I wear dark eyeshadows, I always make sure to put a light, shimmery color (usually a gold) on my inner corner and just below my eyebrow arch to keep my eyes from looking sunken. Since you're lighter than me, I think a peachy color would look amazing on you.
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I find a little bit of a shimmery eyeshadow on the lid just above the center of the pupil also helps with hooded eyes. I just layer some on top of whatever shadow I've applied.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • nana_banananana_banana Registered Users Posts: 735
    I have a similar issue. Slightly hooded eyelid and not a whole lot of lid space. You can barely see my lids when my eyes are open.

If you go on Youtube, look up eye makeup tutorials for "Asian eyes". You'll find some great techniques from girls with similar eyelid problems. :)

Personally, I am currently in love with the cat eye/winged liner look, with the wing extending a bit longer than my actual lash line and flicking upward.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file